Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I want to see a review on a race track please... ;)

Thats where it count, especially the adjustable ones.

Reactions: Slingking

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I want to see a review on a race track please... ;)

Thats where it count, especially the adjustable ones.
I honestly tried to get on the racetrack with the SS here locally. Unfortunately, I would have had to rent the entire track which was about 5000 bucks after track fees, corner workers, and on site EMS. To get 20 local Slingshot owners committed to one day at 250 bucks a shot was near impossible. If I could have done it, I sure would have. That would be epic. :) Heck, if I had an extra 5g's to just throw around (that'll never happen) I'd rent the whole track and invite whoever wanted to come play. There would probably only be a handful of us but it would be awesome. :D

Anyway, it's not that I don't agree with you, I just gotta do the best with what I have. I'll still try to make it informative. :)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
@Slingking once again...Great Video! Now I am sold on new shocks to replace the stock 'pogo sticks' !!!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Installed the Bilsteins two weekends ago. Fronts were done quickly. Back was a royal pain. Took about 2 hours, numerous prayers and cuss words. This past Sunday was the first chance I had take a ride with them on. HUGE difference in both ride and handling. Well worth every penny. First mods anyone should consider is changing the shocks.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Installed the Bilsteins two weekends ago. Fronts were done quickly. Back was a royal pain. Took about 2 hours, numerous prayers and cuss words. This past Sunday was the first chance I had take a ride with them on. HUGE difference in both ride and handling. Well worth every penny. First mods anyone should consider is changing the shocks.
I couldn't agree with you more about upgrading suspension.....I'm getting really good at installing that rear shock. The first time I remember being pretty frustrated. I can do it in about 10 or 15 minutes now. That said, if any of you are local to me and you purchased shocks but you don't turn a wrench, come on over and we'll get them put on. :)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
LOL...NICE!!! :D I finished the review on the fully adjustable JRI's this weekend. I'll post it by tonight, be sure to watch it before you decide what to get. :)
@SlingMods and you make the perfect team! Your videos cover not only installs but also honest reviews. Where else can you find that???? You have created the best possible advantage for the buyer and kudos to this concept!
Shocks will be my next purchase!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
@SlingMods and you make the perfect team! Your videos cover not only installs but also honest reviews. Where else can you find that???? You have created the best possible advantage for the buyer and kudos to this concept!
Shocks will be my next purchase!
I always love hearing your comments brother! :D I'm glad I have your support.

Cool Video looking forward to your adjustable vid.
Here you go guys! :)

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Driving the Slingshot with these shocks for some time after the review, I found that 20 clicks up front and 25 clicks in the rear is absolute magic for me......

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
300 plus dollars
It's an 810 dollar difference to be specific and it's well worth every last dollar. :) Give me these and a tight enough road course and I'm certain I could take almost anyone running stock suspension and a turbo. :p Not trying to start any arguments of course. :D

I say almost anyone because I know there are some hero drivers out there. I still want to maintain a level of humility, but honestly in that situation I'd still feel like I was cheating. They're that good.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
It's an 810 dollar difference to be specific and it's well worth every last dollar. :) Give me these and a tight enough road course and I'm certain I could take almost anyone running stock suspension and a turbo. :p Not trying to start any arguments of course. :D

I say almost anyone because I know there are some hero drivers out there. I still want to maintain a level of humility, but honestly in that situation I'd still feel like I was cheating. They're that good.
Add some quality tires & they'll REALLY shine!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Add some quality tires & they'll REALLY shine!
Honestly, I can't wait to put my summer wheels and tires back on, then dial things in with the stickier rubber.

I went through another rear tire before I went back to the Kenda's for the winter. I'm waiting for my new rear tire to get here. As soon as it's delivered you better believe I'll be doing a lot more testing. :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Loved the vid @Slingking!! As usual, you inject your own personal touch, and make an otherwise run of the mill video into something that's quite entertaining as well as informational!!! By the way.......two things......1) I'm pretty sure you won't be able to talk me into riding with you ;), and 2) I found myself watching closely for another cameo of "Ronald McDonald".....kinda missed the little fella in this video :D
Thanks for yet another awesome vid!!!!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Thanks Roadog! :D I'm happy you're watching.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to talk me into riding with you
Why? o_O Was it the whole water in the face thing? :D

I found myself watching closely for another cameo of "Ronald McDonald"
He'll definitely have more cameo opportunities. He had one in the Alpha Master Cylinder brace review where he was as he calls it "Fab Factory Fabulous" lol.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more about upgrading suspension.....I'm getting really good at installing that rear shock. The first time I remember being pretty frustrated. I can do it in about 10 or 15 minutes now. That said, if any of you are local to me and you purchased shocks but you don't turn a wrench, come on over and we'll get them put on. :)
I probably won't need help with the install, but would like to get together in a couple weeks so you can take mine out for a ride to get an opinion on my QA-1 single adjustable setup. With your experience on Bilsteins and JRIs I'm guessing a lot of folks would love to hear your input. :)

41 - 60 of 79 Posts