Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is going on over at Alpha Powersports? I heard from a rumor mill that they are o the edge of going out of business. that would be unfortunate for them not to mention all the people that are using an plan on using there parts.
Henry AKA Turbosling can you help our enthusiasts out here on your company.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,816 Posts
Lately it seems like communication is a big issue. I have seen a few reviews and have talked to a few people that have ordered stuff from them and have not heard back. I'm hoping it's just a hiccup.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I've talked to Henry recently. He has been at the shop less because it is a slower time of the year for them and has also been working diligently on his other business ventures that he has had previous to Alpha.

I doubt he would leave everyone hanging. He is a good guy and they make a lot of really cool parts for the Slingshot.

·
2,326 Posts
Does anyone know what is going on over at Alpha Powersports? I heard from a rumor mill that they are o the edge of going out of business. that would be unfortunate for them not to mention all the people that are using an plan on using there parts.
Henry AKA Turbosling can you help our enthusiasts out here on your company.
He has been posting elsewhere fairly regularly ...

You can always reach out directly ..... Tel: 715.600.2024 | Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Henry is extremely busy between Alpha and his restaurants he has his plate full, I can't speak to Alpha's financials but from an outsider point of view that goes there frequently it all looks well.

Everytime i go there there are a crapton of slings being returned to owners across the US and the transporter usually drops several more at the same time.

Also he is likely thinking about "the next round of mods", it should be no secret that the current market is saturated/plateau with the current mods so he is likely thinking about the next big thing(AKA polaris engine) and what will be needed for it.

we just never know what he will surprise us with next.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Henry is busy as always. He is currently working on his other business but has not forgotten about Alpha. He was making sure he has stock of all his best selling items last time I was at the shop. Next up for Alpha (and myself) more ice videos... :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I find it kind of funny that when you make a post asking about a well know company that offers some of the best products on the market and all kinds of people have good things to say about Alpha but yet the man himself cant take 5 minutes and clarify things to the masses on Slingshot forum. Being in the area and in the know with people around Alpha that work for him and do work for him like fabricating, & painting there are a few things that Aplha needs to make good on.
If Henrys other business's are doing great that's awesome and wish him all the best with those but for the many people that are using your products or are planning to use your products like I was and that is how this whole thing came up is I was informed by a very good source to be cautious on doing business with alpha and what there future has in store.

·
2,326 Posts
I find it kind of funny that when you make a post asking about a well know company that offers some of the best products on the market and all kinds of people have good things to say about Alpha but yet the man himself cant take 5 minutes and clarify things to the masses on Slingshot forum. Being in the area and in the know with people around Alpha that work for him and do work for him like fabricating, & painting there are a few things that Aplha needs to make good on.
If Henrys other business's are doing great that's awesome and wish him all the best with those but for the many people that are using your products or are planning to use your products like I was and that is how this whole thing came up is I was informed by a very good source to be cautious on doing business with alpha and what there future has in store.

I find it funny that if you are in the area and so well connected you would post on a forum rather that reach out directly to find out if the rumors you heard are justified. You didn't even tag him or any of his cohorts in your post. Makes it seem like you may have an agenda ......

........ :rolleyes:

·
Welcome to the Grey Bar Bed and Breakfast.
663 Posts
I found it kind of funny that you woudl start a thread on the forum based on a rumor you were told by an unnamed source and expect the members here to verify it for you, when you could verify if it is true yourself. Did you try to contact @Turbosling or the company yourself as suggeted by @Orangeman in post number 5 of this thread before you made the above referenced post?

Speaking for myself, I want to deal with facts and not rumors on this forum. (While typing this @Orangeman made his post number 10 before I could post, but I agree with also.)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get where a few are coming from and have no reason to believe me but I do have facts from employees past or present and from contractors that do work for Alpha and they are owed money and Alpha is refusing to pay them. Due to legal actions I will not release there names but it is real and effects the livelihood of people that trusted the business of Alpha.

·
2,326 Posts

One sided slanderous statements without backup ...... yup ... initial impression verified ...... thanks ....

When you use a vendor who's equipment fails on a product your company puts its name on and they refuse to stand behind it forcing you to absorb the cost to rectify you don't pay them and take legal action .... it's business ..... and there are always two sides .....

...... :kiss:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I get where a few are coming from and have no reason to believe me but I do have facts from employees past or present and from contractors that do work for Alpha and they are owed money and Alpha is refusing to pay them. Due to legal actions I will not release there names but it is real and effects the livelihood of people that trusted the business of Alpha.
Yeesh! I am running far far away from this thread. Not sure if stuff like that should be posted.....anywhere.

·
Registered
192 Posts

Sorry but the smell of bullshit is strong here, if someone wants to bad mouth any company or person they should have the balls to say it openly so their claims can be verified, this is not high school and we don't need this " I heard from a friend of a dude who is dating a girl who is besties with the cheerleader captain that she overheard some random girl say in the locker room that ......" too much Deep Throat BS for it to be reliable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was trying to help out a shop owner that I do work with and he offers some the highest quality work in the twin cites. I was in the shop picking up some parts and he asked what I knew about Alpha. Told him they are innovators in producing performance parts for slingshots he then informed me that the last order he did for them was worth multiple thousands of dollars and when Alpha paid him there check bounced and they are over 60 days past due and have refused to pay. I do believe that Alpha has some great products and planned on doing some of there upgrades on my sling this winter. But I would like to as well as others should know is this company going to be around to support the products and systems they offer.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm a Alpha customer and love there products and im concerned about this rumor. I just sent them a message through there website asking if some could give use some kind of update here on the forum

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I don't blame him for not responding here. Threads like these serve no purpose and as a business owner myself any response provided to allegations like these will simply be further forum fodder for additional speculation.

I own several products. All have been excellent and the one issue I did have with one of them was resolved in an A+ manner. I would not hesitate to purchase product from them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts