Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know about everyone else, but I keep a short list of my next toys in my head. You know that list of things you want but just haven't committed to yet.

So, what was on your short list prior to the Slingshot. Here's mine in no real order:

Victory Cross Country Tour (love that blue)

Harley Street Or Electra Glide - Rushmore (very happy with the changes they made)

Victory Vision (couldn't decide which I liked better the CCT or the Vision)

Spyder RT (won't buy one, but I still think it's neat)

Adventure Touring (no particular brand in mind and no place to ride it)

·
Registered
26 Posts
KTM's RC8. Was having a hard time justifying it though. Hadn't had the CBR out for a good flogging in over a year. Sportbikes are just not all that fun two up when you're over 40.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
M4
X-Bow
Super 7
C7 Corvette
A beater track car
Lotus Exige

I'm more jazzed about the SS than any of these!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's some good stuff on this list. Maybe I wasn't thinking BIG enough with my list. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
2016 miata

Still on my short list but I am pretty sure it wont fit my bill as I owned a current gen miata and it was simply too slow at 14.9 lb to hp. If the new miata is not under 12lb per hp then its off my list and the SS will be my next ride. I can dream the next miata will truly follow through on their "revolution not evolution" claim.

·
Registered
212 Posts
They might be as kit cars but not as finished products. For the price of an xbow you could be buying a gently used ferrari. That said the cost of keeping said ferrari running is an entirely different problem.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Short list ?? Hell I had no list !
Remember that really hot chick in school that sat in the front of the class with the other cheerleaders that all the dudes wanted ta get their hands on, the one that the only time ya ever saw her face was when you passed her in the hall, again because you sat three rows behind her and she never turned around except to shoot ya the bird because your answer to the teachers question was betted than hers.... Well.... Jus a minute I need a towel ....
I'm gunna have her... my way. I'm gunna show up wearing some nice clothes up to pick her up. I'm gunna run my hands along.... Wait this was suppose ta be about a short list. Sorry I digressed. I had none. Just like my M109R, I saw it, fell in love and jus had ta have it. That simple.
Damn I need a drink of water.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Short list ?? Hell I had no list !
Remember that really hot chick in school that sat in the front of the class with the other cheerleaders that all the dudes wanted ta get their hands on, the one that the only time ya ever saw her face was when you passed her in the hall, again because you sat three rows behind her and she never turned around except to shoot ya the bird because your answer to the teachers question was betted than hers.... Well.... Jus a minute I need a towel ....
I'm gunna have her... my way. I'm gunna show up wearing some nice clothes up to pick her up. I'm gunna run my hands along.... Wait this was suppose ta be about a short list. Sorry I digressed. I had none. Just like my M109R, I saw it, fell in love and jus had ta have it. That simple.
Damn I need a drink of water.
Sounds to me you need a VERY cold shower, ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The xbow is awesome. Unfortunately, it's not in my budget either. Luckily the SS is. So glad Polaris didn't price it crazy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I didn't really have a list other than mods and accessories for the Jeep. That is until I saw the Slingshot! At that point, I suddenly had a list, with 1 item on it. Looks like the Jeep will be on the back burner for a bit.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I didn't really have a list other than mods and accessories for the Jeep. That is until I saw the Slingshot! At that point, I suddenly had a list, with 1 item on it. Looks like the Jeep will be on the back burner for a bit.
I'm with you brother... mostly. I do have a vette I'm rebuilding. But rock crawling was/is my first love.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts