Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Guess I'm in the other boat. I see more cruising with my wife. Maybe hitting the curves of skyline drive. For the most part I'll probably have power to spare. Of course, I want it to be there on the occasions I do decide to punch it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm going to keep her stock at first. I usually always mod suspension first thing. Though I'll probably have to wait awhile for some good aftermarket suspension like Ohlin's. I may add some power but it will be later on. I just can't wait to do some spirited driving in the mountains! :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
I am on the other boat to... only 2-3 track day with the T-Rex just for fun...i prefer long ride with my wife(and she love this kind of toy!!!) :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Depends. Will most likely run in stock form until I am sure the platform is solid and without issue in order to maintain warranty for at least the first full season. My dealer and Polaris have been pretty good about any warranty claims I have had in the past but I also tend to leave things as they are while still under coverage. Friends that like to mod their vehicles even before their first rides have not had similar experiences to mine.

Although the temptation of higher HP is always there for me I will leave it alone unless it is boring in stock form. From the reviews so far this does not seem to be the case. My collection of motorized toys is to the point where I would rather spend what little free time I have riding and driving rather than wrenching.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I'm trend to the type A myself. There are way too many things to do to this thing as it begs to be tinkered with. The problem I have is there are so many things I want to do - performance, weight, electronics, suspension, traction, appearance - that I don't know where to start.

I feel like I woke up in the 50's and I am looking at a '32 ford for the very first time. This thing has "modern hot rod" written all over it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It's good that guys like you type "A's" can wring out what these trikes will be able to do. So us others can see what to expect if we were to do the same. I'd rather drive than wrench but do enjoy tinkering some too.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm trend to the type A myself. There are way too many things to do to this thing as it begs to be tinkered with. The problem I have is there are so many things I want to do - performance, weight, electronics, suspension, traction, appearance - that I don't know where to start.

I feel like I woke up in the 50's and I am looking at a '32 ford for the very first time. This thing has "modern hot rod" written all over it.
I am in the same boat, no vehicle has grabbed my attention like this since the 1970 455SD Trans Am came out. I am selling my 1964 409 Impala convertible to fund this. I am stoked!

·
Registered
69 Posts
  1. I guess I am an A, or at least used to be. It has always been my thing to straighten out the curves. I never cared how fast they went, but how well they cornered. My thing is 70 around a 35 mph corner. Any trip included riding as many curvy roads as I could find. But I am getting old 76, and slowing down. My Victory Vision was starting to feel heavy to me so I traded it in on the Slingshot before I couldn't handle it any more..Also I am planning on having the wife with me, so I am planning on slowing down some,, but I am sure I will still be able to keep up with most of you younger whipper snappers. LOL

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Guess I'm a 50/50 type. Want snappy performance without the engine breaking a sweat while cruising the twisties but then on Track Days...
But even when it's time for a milk & bread run to the store, the SS keys will be the ones I grab!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not a Type A -- just want something extra fun to cruise in. I do photography, and frequently take day trips into the mountains and other destinations. Have always imagined actually enjoying the trip to and from -- Slingshot seems poised to provide that.

·
Registered
497 Posts
A Type all the way.

I will start with a real sticky rear tire.

ZZPerformance has offered to use my SS as a beta tester for their Supercharger. I am not sure if I want my new SS doing 20-30 dyno runs...It will save $3-4K but will put a lot of wear and tear on the SS. I am leaning toward just buying it when they get all the Kinks worked out on somebody else's SS

·
Registered
382 Posts
A Type all the way.

I will start with a real sticky rear tire.

ZZPerformance has offered to use my SS as a beta tester for their Supercharger. I am not sure if I want my new SS doing 20-30 dyno runs...It will save $3-4K but will put a lot of wear and tear on the SS. I am leaning toward just buying it when they get all the Kinks worked out on somebody else's SS
I checked out their site, the current setup for a car is less than 3k for EVERYTHING - that is a smokin deal IMHO! 225whp with a conservative tune will make the SS a lightning bolt!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I checked out their site, the current setup for a car is less than 3k for EVERYTHING - that is a smokin deal IMHO! 225whp with a conservative tune will make the SS a lightning bolt!
Bigfoot, I start grinning like a Hyena when I think about it. That power to weight ratio is in the supercar neighborhood. ZZP told me it would be $4k + or- a couple hundred installed and tuned.

Sticky tire (first week) and a supercharger (this winter)…it’s going to happen :D:D:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
I never even considered a turbo until I joined this forum. Now it's beginning to feel like the must have upgrade. Maybe I've been bitten by the high performance bug.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I never even considered a turbo until I joined this forum. Now it's beginning to feel like the must have upgrade. Maybe I've been bitten by the high performance bug.
I prefer to let yourself go first and if I find that it's Worth, I see !! Just put this on Youtube!!:)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts