Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so pissed about the customer service that I cant see how they do any business. I call, I email, I leave voice mail and cant get any response to my order. I just want my stuff or a refund this is just ridiculous.

·
Registered
2015 SL Nuclear Sunset Orange
2 Posts
I am so pissed about the customer service that I cant see how they do any business. I call, I email, I leave voice mail and cant get any response to my order. I just want my stuff or a refund this is just ridiculous.
I have the same problem. I also called the manf. of the product and their number is a vacant number. so WTH now??

·
Registered
208 Posts
@Kevin is almost a one man show at allthingsslingshot. He is a nice guy, but overwhelmed. I waited about 4 months to get my roof. But, he did come through, finally.

·
Administrator
2,970 Posts
The Slingshot is basically a concept car, so everything for it is low-volume, generally long lead time. Get used to it, this isn't Made In China stuff from eBay. We're fortunate that people want to build things for us.

I run a fabrication company, you wouldn't believe the work that goes into stuff. Payroll, taxes up the @$$, machinery breakages, accidents, bad raw materials, tooling breakage that scraps a part, forklift and air compressor maintenance, crane inspections, water regulation inspections, lawn service fees,... the list goes on.

4 to 6 months in the custom fab world is great, like seeing a full parking lot at a restaurant and knowing the food is good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its not the time for me its the lack of or no communication. I ordered the tow dolly back in may or june. I have not received any correspondence from them. Very disappointed cause i really wanted and needed the tow dolly.

·
Administrator
2,970 Posts
We give a time estimate up front, and to be completely honest it's pretty annoying when customers call asking when something will be done and we have to stop doing work to go track down their stuff; that's due to poor job tracking / organization on our part, coupled with a lack of staffing; we're left with few office people, and shop people who love doing the work, not paperwork. Times aren't like they used to be.

There's a watch company in Russia that still builds watches, so I paid them to build me a watch. I'll get it "as soon as it arrives, probably not any sooner, but you never know." That means they don't know how long it will take to build it, or how long shipping will take. The Russian Post is notoriously slow, so if the factory has to wait on parts or materials it'll be a while. If everything goes perfectly I might get it in a month, you never know. It's two weeks to build it, usually a month in shipping, I ordered it in July, so maybe it'll arrive late October / early November. The product warranty/guarantee is that it will arrive. (Eventually.) Like everything Russian it's built like a tank, a bit backwards, mostly ingenious, and quality control is "we did what we could." I hope it arrives before Christmas.

🤠

·
Registered
208 Posts
It seems that most complaints are about lack of communication. The OP certainly feels that way. We all know that things are slower today than 2 years ago, but taking some time to communicate with customers is very important to the success of any business. I hope the OP hears something soon. My opinion is he will get what he ordered but it will take patience....a lot of patience.

·
Registered
689 Posts
@ZX2Sling....I have their tow dolly and love it. My order took quite a while to receive and communication was less than stellar. Since that time, I have read numerous threads with the same repeating complaint about non communication from them. It's too bad that this is the only major complaint. It's so easy to remedy!!!! A simple email response goes a long way in giving the customer the warm and fuzzies, even if they have to wait longer then they expected to receive their order. I have a automotive parts manufacturing business, and believe me.....the automotive industry is brutal!! My customers are not human and can drive you bat-shit crazy at times. The one thing that keeps them somewhat calm is communication. They are horrible communicators, but I believe in communicating, even if it's a one way street. Because of that, they love us!! (plus we make excellent parts). Please try to not lose faith with @Kev as he is a one man show, and his products are top notch!! However, I do hope he makes the time to communicate with you so you don't have to get ugly and end the relationship.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I bought a tow dolly from @Kev in Spring 2018. My Wife and I drove up to Canada to pick it up and made the trip a mini-vacation with several stops along the way. Unfortunately, I still haven't had a chance to use the tow dolly, although I hope to possibly use it later this year or next year. I also bought a NASCAR style windshield from him and both transactions went without problems of any kind. @Kev's a good guy and it pains me to hear from unhappy customers since we had such smooth transactions. As others have posted, he's a one-man shop who designs soemthing and then contracts out the production, leaving himd ependent on others for product availability. I agree that a little communication goes a long way towards having happy customers, though. Hopefully, everything will work out for the OP.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
It would certainly appear that @Kev has some communications issues. All I can really tell from the post on the other forum is that @Kev came down to perform or assist in some installs of a quad kit that was made here in the USA. Any products @Kev sells on his website(s) that are made in the US may not face the same obstacles of worker/product/materials availability that might face his Canadian suppliers. The Tow Dolly, for example, is fabbed in Canada and therefore may not be as readily available as other products.
There definitley seems to be a communications issue that @Kev needs to address. Absent improved customer communication by @Kev, the remaining solution for folks who have ordered, but not received items, may be to contact their credit card company or payment service and request a refund or that they contact @Kev about their issues. I'd assume such contact should get a response from either the credit card company/pay service or from @Kev himself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts