Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carol & i have had a clicking noise since day one - when u let the clutch out sometimes - when u are in and out of the throttle at slow speeds
it is the same as drive-train slop - bad u-joints
Found-What-Causes-It ........

i have the drive shaft out and after examining very closely - at the end of driveshaft where it bolts to the rear of the transmission with allen-headed bolts - is a coupler - AND - there is play in it when you turn it and that play produces that clicking noise u hear - - just like when you have bad u-joints and u have play/slop in the driveshaft
That-Noise-is-Normal

stranded in Aiken, SC & loving it ....................... tom n carol

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Carol & i have had a clicking noise since day one - when u let the clutch out sometimes - when u are in and out of the throttle at slow speeds

i have the drive shaft out and after examining very closely - at the end of driveshaft where it bolts to the rear of the transmission with allen-headed bolts - is a coupler - AND - there is play in it when you turn it and that play produces that clicking noise u hear - - just like when you have bad u-joints and u have play/slop in the driveshaft
That-Noise-is-Normal

Good to know! I only get it when going from reverse to first. Click click click, then smooth.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I thought any noise heard from a Slingshot was "normal," or at least Polaris seems to feel that way.:D

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
As long as that noise is not...."AW SH*T!" I'm a happy camper!:D
Hey STICKER, I work with some serious "PREPPERS" ! And when they saw my SS for the first time the first question was "where ya mountin' the 50 cal" ? Then I'm goin' thru some Maggie Valley pics and DAMN if you didn't beat me to it ! Ha Ha IT LOOKS GREAT !!!

·
Registered
533 Posts

That-Noise-is-Normal

Do you have any pics of the "further back" one? Thx..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts