Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had not run the SS for couple weeks or more and had a Garmin GPS plugged into a live accessory. Went to start it this morn and it was totally dead. My battery charger has three battery settings: Standard, AGM, and GEL. What type is my OEM?

I can find nothing specific in the owners manual.

Reactions: EjFord

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Had not run the SS for couple weeks or more and had a Garmin GPS plugged into a live accessory. Went to start it this morn and it was totally dead. My battery charger has three battery settings: Standard, AGM, and GEL. What type is my OEM?

I can find nothing specific in the owners manual.
I would think that the standard should work --- for any of the types. Might be a little slower on the charge.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AGM is what I have. Thanks for video. I'll keep an eye on it as there might be a drain from something. More likely tho, not driving it and leaving the gps hooked up caused it to drain down.
I would think that the standard should work --- for any of the types. Might be a little slower on the charge.
Thats the setting I used and it did take a long time to fully charge.

Reactions: EjFord

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
AGM is what I have. Thanks for video. I'll keep an eye on it as there might be a drain from something. More likely tho, not driving it and leaving the gps hooked up caused it to drain down.

Thats the setting I used and it did take a long time to fully charge.
As long as you got charged and things are ready to ride --- all is good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts