Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering, because I was looking at the overall center area. I would like to add at least 3 Ram mounts, 1 for driver cell, passenger cell, and middle for a 7 to 10 inch tablet (RAM / armed below the center screen).

Mainly because these are all items that I find usually in a vehicle, and on my previous machine I had a GPS or Cell in the center of my handle bars, as such, I will obviously want to station them near my center console for use of their apps / information.

Before it all starts, pending the center unit, this might not be necessary as in my Camaro the mylink system pairs with my phone and I need nothing else, however, that is not always the case in early iterations of systems.

Therefore, I want to be able to communicate with my passenger in the appropriate manner and allow her the chance to use a tablet or her cell while enjoying the ride.

I am not condoning or suggesting texting / app'ing / emailing whilst driving.

That being said, having a GPS and a tablet with Waze open can lead you to some awesome places.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Love that Waze.

Not sure about the material. It looks like the Polaris mount kit will attach to the blade wind screen bar. Either way that's pretty much my plan. I suspect you can also safely attach to dash. I'm sure it's strong enough to hold a phone or GPS. Might require a little bracing for the tablet.

·
Vendor
554 Posts
I am wondering, because I was looking at the overall center area. I would like to add at least 3 Ram mounts, 1 for driver cell, passenger cell, and middle for a 7 to 10 inch tablet (RAM / armed below the center screen).

Mainly because these are all items that I find usually in a vehicle, and on my previous machine I had a GPS or Cell in the center of my handle bars, as such, I will obviously want to station them near my center console for use of their apps / information.

Before it all starts, pending the center unit, this might not be necessary as in my Camaro the mylink system pairs with my phone and I need nothing else, however, that is not always the case in early iterations of systems.

Therefore, I want to be able to communicate with my passenger in the appropriate manner and allow her the chance to use a tablet or her cell while enjoying the ride.

That being said, having a GPS and a tablet with Waze open can lead you to some awesome places.

If your talking about the various colored panels, I'm pretty sure they are the same painted in-mold plastic that is used on all other Polaris vehicles... its pretty durable and easily cut and drill-able for mounting stuff. the best way to get an example would be to look at newer models in existing Polaris dealer showrooms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically, I need 3 good mounts for cell 1, cell 2, and tablet, then another 2 or 3 around the vehicle for some GoPro love.
They would be bases like this circular one, then added arms and mounts for a Nexus 7, 2 Galaxy S5s, and the go pros.

goprorammount.jpg

·
Registered
246 Posts

holys**t man, your slingshot is gonna give you guys cancer. with all due respect, if she needs to read 50 shades of gray on the tablet during your excursion in a slingshot, dunno if its being done right...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts