Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sharing

Wheel offset - What is it?

The offset of a wheel is what locates the tire and wheel assembly in relation to the suspension. More specifically, it is the measured distance between the hub mounting surface and the center line of the rim. Below is an explanation of the various types of offsets which are pictured in the above graphic.

http://m.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoWheelOffsets.do

Wheel Offset Explained

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does the offset remain the same when going up in size. Meaning if I were to put a 24'' rim on the rear would it still be+45 offset? And part 2 question will it effect anything if I do same size in rear as fronts? Like if I were to do 24" front and back instead of 22" front and 24" rear?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Does the offset remain the same when going up in size. Meaning if I were to put a 24'' rim on the rear would it still be+45 offset? And part 2 question will it effect anything if I do same size in rear as fronts? Like if I were to do 24" front and back instead of 22" front and 24" rear?
Changing the offset can affect the handling and put a load on the bearings. As far as wheel size 22 or 24 I try to stay at a stock size dimension. It's has good and bad about it. Your speed indicator on the dash will not match the actual speed if change smaller or bigger wheel. Some riders don't mind it some do. But for me I like to keep the diameter and offset close as possible to stock... Good luck and what ever you decide is all good. Have fun and be safe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.