Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

I would Rate my Overall Satisfaction with the Slingshot as:

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
What do I love? In no particular order...

- True open air cabin.... People say we can just buy a convertible... Well convertibles have giant windshields and a pillars, this does not. Motorcycles have true open air but I could never ride without a helmet (by choice not law) so it took away from that feeling.
- Handling..... Even stock but with aftermarket shocks you will keep up with almost any car and many motorcycles through the Twisties.
- Side by side seating. I usually either have the lady or the dog sitting in my right seat.... Both love it and yes, both wear a seatbelt.
- Visibility... Seems like every time I throw a leg over a bike other cars are oblivious to my existence, leading to close calls and constant defensive driving. Yes you still need to be cautious and drive defensively but I don't feel like every car is on a mission to end my life when I drive the slingshot.
- Practicality... More cargo space than bikes. Took a 10 day road trip with the lady, two duffel bags, one backpack, a cover, and a subwoofer consuming one of my storage bins. Easy peasy.
- Customization. Sky is the limit, I decided on shocks, 22 inch rims, led lights, and a subwoofer. Later maybe a supercharger.... I guess the wallet is the true limit.
- Mischievous juvenile feeling. Remember doing stupid things as a kid that made you chuckle in a diabolical sense? It's like that but actually legal.

Ways to improve:

- Aftermarket parts for basic repair and maintenance. The whole Polaris exclusive dealership only bit is already old... If you can't buy parts to maintain it then it'll become a money pit in the long run. I may end up replacing the LE9 with a LE5 plus ecu and wiring from a donor car.... Not sure what that'll entail but if customer support becomes non existent through Polaris I'll need a long term solution.

Overall it's well worth the money, I've had two motorcycles and 7-8 cars and trucks. This gives me the most grins per mile and doesn't break the bank.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We as X-Bikers love our 2016 SL. Going on 19k with little but no issues. "She" drives it more than me. I ride bitch with our Yorkie.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Besides all of the obvious things everyone has already mentioned . . .

I love the fact that it is a track car I can push in and out of the garage without having to worry about running over my foot with the back tire.

·
Registered
589 Posts
All I know is the more I look at it, the more I like it. When I drive it, everyone likes it. I have not heard anyone dislike it but Donald. I have a feeling that Donald loved his Slingshot and he never sold it, I think the Repo guy got it or he had to sell it to make ends meet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We are loving ours. Waiting to see others close up to see what mods we’d like to make and top etc. etc. we can’t go anywhere without attracting a crowd. I don’t mind the questions as folks just want to know about Slings. Thanks all for your comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
We have gotten plenty of forum feedback on concerns or issues with the new Slingshot. These are usually followed up with a comment, "but I am happy and love my Slingshot". So I would like to know what is your favorite things about the Slingshot. What do the forum members absolutely love?
This could be anything from your favorite Polaris dealership experience to your new 'Rock Star" statues. Not looking for a full review just some items you love that separates the Slingshot from anything else you have experienced!:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have been riding motorcycles for 50 years just about every make and model there is but this slingshot oh my God is it fun to drive. I can even take my eight-year-old grandson with me and he loves it because he thinks he's writing in the Batmobile I could never get him on the back of two wheels too dangerous. Most people will point and my grandson thinks they're waving at him and he waves at him. 33 degrees here today. Went for a 50 mile ride. I would have never done that on two wheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Like you I have been riding Motorcycles since I was 15 years old. I had to give up my Bike because it got to hard to handle. My Slingshot is hard to get in and out of but I love it and I can take my great grand kids riding which I could never do on my bike. Only a biker knows why Dogs love to ride with their head out the window.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Skin cancer brings the top. Had it once,that's enough for me. Sold my harleys and got the SS so I could still ride.
I know what you mean by skin cancer. I was born and raised here but I don't know if that makes me immune or not. But I thank God I've never had skin cancer. I have always used baby oil mixed with iodine for sun block. My mothers recipe. My last two wheeler was a 2009 Kawasaki Nomad. Haven't liked Harleys since the lemon I had in 1975.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts