Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

I would Rate my Overall Satisfaction with the Slingshot as:

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love the fact that my wife and I can ride together instead of her on her bike and me on mine. I love the way the SS handles, especially with the JRI coil overs. The problems were expected, but my dealer and his mechanic are excellent and everything is handled compently.
Every time I drive it I get cravings for egg rolls and fried rice.;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a 2017 Orange Madness SLR. I added orange powder coated wheels, orange steering wheel, ect. I love the look and it gets so much attention.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have gotten plenty of forum feedback on concerns or issues with the new Slingshot. These are usually followed up with a comment, "but I am happy and love my Slingshot". So I would like to know what is your favorite things about the Slingshot. What do the forum members absolutely love?
This could be anything from your favorite Polaris dealership experience to your new 'Rock Star" statues. Not looking for a full review just some items you love that separates the Slingshot from anything else you have experienced!:)
I'm happy with my slingshot but satisfied is a different matter and instead of Polaris trying to change that for its customers it seems as if they are doing the exact opposite. I am very ubstatisfied.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have never like look of slingshot from day one. I had three 3 wheelers before slingshot and they were to small for driving down interstates here in U.S.
My favorite is the Morgan but to much money and so on a mission of changing my SS to something that will satisfy my looking at my SS.
But dollar for dollar the Slingshot has all the right mechanics for being affordable and you can hotrod it and make it what you want.
It is not perfect but what vehicle is ? But it does draw attention and that is what I have liked my whole life in most vehicles I have owned.
It started with 1956 & 55 Nomads in 1969 and wish I had them both today. unique ! And hoping 2017 I can finish my SS ?? LOL
Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
My SS satisfies me in ways that no vehicle ever has.

I've always wanted a convertible and I love British roadsters like the TR3, TR6, MGB, Midget, Spitfire, etc... but we all know they are a logistical nightmare to keep running, have electronics assembled by a group of monkeys, would rust in hospital clean room and the performance is lackluster to say the less. But nonetheless they are cool. They are cool because they make no apologies for what they are.

So when I saw the first commercial on TV for the SS, I remember my girlfriend saying "WTF is that???!!! It's cool!". I agreed.

Then I started my R&D on them. I knew the handling would probably be out of this world. I started looking at the horsepower possibilities offered by the excellent vendors like Alpha and DDMWorks and realized for under $40K I could build the shit out of this thing and truly have a street legal go-cart. And so the fun began!

My neighbor bought a red 2016 2 weeks after I bought mine and he summed it up best: "This thing is so much fun it should be illegal". Touche~ !!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I absolutely love my SS. It is just a fun toy to drive. I enjoy the looks people have when they see it. It is simply a fun machine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
We have gotten plenty of forum feedback on concerns or issues with the new Slingshot. These are usually followed up with a comment, "but I am happy and love my Slingshot". So I would like to know what is your favorite things about the Slingshot. What do the forum members absolutely love?
This could be anything from your favorite Polaris dealership experience to your new 'Rock Star" statues. Not looking for a full review just some items you love that separates the Slingshot from anything else you have experienced!:)
Today I was driving my Slingshot down highway 111 here in Palm Springs. As I drove I was enjoying looking around and I glanced over at a kids entertainment place called "Boomers" they have mini golf and an arcade and a go-cart track as I passed it dawned on me. I get to drive every day and get that same thrill as I got when I was a kid driving a go-cart. My SL is my go-cart and every road, the more twisty the better, is my track - - - thats what I love about my Slingshot

Reactions: NJ Sling

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wonder of you have ever seen that original video posted on YouTube maybe? of two guys roaring along on a road that looks like it is above Malibu, California, and the passenger smiles and yells out.. "IT'S LIKE SURFING ASPHALT!" I've never quite got that excited driving mine, but it is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've only had a couple of people compare my SL to the Batmobile, and when I got kind of upset about it, they decided it didn't look like the B mobile after all.

Oh by the way, the original Batmobile was a Lincoln show car used in a movie called IT STARTED WITH A KISS with Glenn Ford and if I remember right, Debbie Reynolds. Later George Barris (I knew him casually) got hold of the car and converted it to the Batmobile and unlike the gloss finish shown above, the original Batmobile had a finish that was like spray painted thin carpet, whatever they called that stuff. Totally non shiny.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've owned about 50 cars, trucks, m/cycles, classics, antiques, daily drivers, etc. I traded a '13 Can Am Spyder ( a fun ride, but uncomfortable) on a new Slingshot. I can report that this ride gets the most attention, questions, etc. A real head turner.
1500 miles, including 300 in Florida heat, rain, 80 mph turnpike speeds, etc.No problems, great mileage, good acceleration, etc
.Kids call it the Batmobile,
so, I'm suiting up as "The Man" for a local car/bike show, next month. Have a Lady friend to play Catwoman.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree. With 1800 miles on my '17, only problem is "wannabees" driving too close to get a look, and asking dumb and dumber questions.
Compared with other 3 wheelers, this is one heckuva bargain. Morgans are what, $90K, a years wait , and tighter than a Methodist ?
I've added about $1k worth of customizing, rear fender (a must have addition), rear view mirror, "Batmobile" striping, windshields, etc.
Just painted the front grill red, cost me 15 minutes of labor and $3 for paint, compared to an aftermarket red grill for $133 ! Easy to work on, even for a Senior Citizen !

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just drove my SS (de) -Base- (d) model home- 270 miles. All twisties through the Smokys. I can not find anything I do not like about it. It's honestly more fun to drive than any of my prior sports cars. I know it's completely subjective but, bone stock I love the ride and feel. It rides very similar to a car with a track tuned suspension. Machine/road/driver integration feel is awesome. As far as dollar to fun ratio-it is top notch. Clearly not for everyone, but as a guy that has had all the bikes and cars, this platform is great. Nice meld between bike, roadster and tuned car.

Best to all.

Keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
American. Supposedly. Lol. Perfect, more comfortable motorcycle replacement for me. I have a 2016 with 27k miles on it. I bought it about a year and 2 months ago with 0.02 miles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 146 Posts