Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's one thing that really pisses me off about when I'm out on the road, OTHER DRIVERS! Yesterday I was riding around town and I was in the center lane and needed to turn left there was someone right behind me in the left lane I sped up to get in front of him, he sped up, when I slowed down he came beside me and was taking pictures. It was almost too late for me to get into the turning lane so I down shifted to go around. This crap happens way too often, paying attention to my SS and not the road. It will happen, someone will crash into me or someone else because they're looking at me and not where they're going.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Funny thing is that it's not just kids. It's just as often adults taking the pictures.
My ten year old daughter waves at everyone. She loves the attention. My middle child does not know what to make of it. I wasn't sure my five year old noticed all the attention, but we where walking back to the ss in a parking lot the other day and there was the usual picture taking going on and when a couple walked past us my son loudly said "hey dad where's our slingshot car". He definitely knew it was right in front of us, and definitely was letting everyone know it was his.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I felt sorry for the gentleman. The over the top, in your face, "I'm here to tell the world" approach may have garnered you silence, a warning or an ass whoopin from me. I understand the attention and to an extent even enjoy it. But the willingness of some people to intrude on your space with only their own interest in play... Should get them an ass whoopin. Respect isn't as common now as it once was. Doesn't mean you can't exercise curiosity, it just shouldn't be shoved down someone's throat.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I felt sorry for the gentleman. The over the top, in your face, "I'm here to tell the world" approach may have garnered you silence, a warning or an ass whoopin from me. I understand the attention and to an extent even enjoy it. But the willingness of some people to intrude on your space with only their own interest in play... Should get them an ass whoopin. Respect isn't as common now as it once was. Doesn't mean you can't exercise curiosity, it just shouldn't be shoved down someone's throat.
I can't wait for someone to post a vid of "The Ass Whoopin." :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've had a few vehicles with some heavy custom performance and show setups.... Have had people with my motorcycles or cars reaching to grab parts and such.... my response was, "hey man, you mind not touching anything? Unless it's ok for me to go finger-f*cking your woman???"

Come back to my car while at car meets to see a few people leaned up against my car, I don't even lean on my own vehicles. Obviously this was handled "properly".

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I love the way a lot of folks from Oklahoma think.

Poor old duffer paid thirty grand and he has to have his heating pad on the seat to sooth his butt after the butt rape his dealer gave him, then he has to be accosted by a dipshit with camera in hand and yet another on his head.

And some of you people think I'm weird for having my own gas on my property to fill my vehicles up? If you don't mind being bombarded with moronic questions from idiots, try to remember that gas stations suffer from armed robberies more than any other establishment. Hope you don't get caught in the crossfire between some thug robber and the Isis wannabe cashier.

Oklahoma has some great folks and some of the prettiest ladies. Unfortunately they have their share of thuggery in the bigger cities.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Oklahoma has some great folks and some of the prettiest ladies. Unfortunately they have their share of thuggery in the bigger cities.
Very true. Last summer I went to Oklahoma City for one night. One guy tried to sell me Valium, a prostitute tried to pick me up (IN HER CAR) and the police gave someone a dirt nap at a gas station just moments before I pulled up.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Very true. Last summer I went to Oklahoma City for one night. One guy tried to sell me Valium, a prostitute tried to pick me up (IN HER CAR) and the police gave someone a dirt nap at a gas station just moments before I pulled up.
Sling, I think you drank too much cause it was all one incident. The guy/girl, tried to sell you Valium, then tried to pick you up, the cops saw it and bagged her at the gas station. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
How old was that guy ? Love the hemroid pillow. And he wants a auto trans. But I guess since I am 60 I shouldn't throw stones. I paid 27 out the door for my SL.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's one thing that really pisses me off about when I'm out on the road, OTHER DRIVERS! Yesterday I was riding around town and I was in the center lane and needed to turn left there was someone right behind me in the left lane I sped up to get in front of him, he sped up, when I slowed down he came beside me and was taking pictures. It was almost too late for me to get into the turning lane so I down shifted to go around. This crap happens way too often, paying attention to my SS and not the road. It will happen, someone will crash into me or someone else because they're looking at me and not where they're going.
Go hide then because that is going to happen when you drive your slingshot it could be worst they could say that thing is ugly . Have a nice day don't worry be happy others envy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was coming up US 280 from Dothan Alabama to Birmingham last week and I had this black SUV get in the left lane (I was in the right doing an easy 70 in a 65 on cruise) and he just sat there, looking. Finally after about 4 miles I noticed that the turkey had a LINE of cars behind him. So I finally slowed way down and forced him ahead and then all that line went past me, then changed to the right lane and passed him on the right.

·
Disruptive --> IG /Facebook
549 Posts
It catches everyone's attention... people take pix, video all the time...

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
We didn't even made it a block from the dealer before we were followed and filmed--kind of like Nature Show Hosts are everywhere!

Keeping people from climbing in is a complete issue, had that problem again when I was out today. Took a picture in self-defense just in case I couldn't get away unscathed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts