Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
May sell my motorcycle. Have always had one and was going to sell the current bike but my son turned 18 this past spring. We made a deal when he was 16 that he would wait two years, get some driving experience under his belt and then he could get his MC license. Kept my current bike so I could ride with him this season and provide some training (and oversight) just as some additional comfort that he is fully competent, responsible and understands the rules of riding to keep himself above ground.

Needless to say after completing one of the best safety courses in the nation and now logging a couple thousand miles with me I feel pretty good about his level of ability. Other than this particular summer I just do not ride that often anymore and he is heading out of the house and off to college this fall. As I stated in my intro, the SS would be a better option now as my daughter could go out and have some fun with me. She absolutely hates riding "pillion."

·
Registered
438 Posts
going to trade nothing, just going to add to the stable

have a 2010 HD Road-glide, and am having a 67 Triumph built as we speak.,650 Bonneville, all retro but also a custom look.

I think I will cxl my reservation on the stupid Elio.
Why cancel it?
We just need something to drive until the Elio is produced.
I can't cancel the Elio, i'm all in for $1k.
So i will drive the Slingshot for over a year and take the Elio when it is available and probably just start a car lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
20 large! Hopefully, no more than that or I'm not buying new. I'll wait for a used one to hit the market and do a fly and buy.

My Lotus Seven replica project is not going to happen now. I'll be selling it shortly. The Slingshot is a must have for me. The Lotus is too similar in purpose and use to have both. I had to quit riding motorcycles last year due to a crash on a Ural sidecar rig. The Slingshot should be a lot more stable than the Ural.

And I'm back in the game! Thanks Polaris!

SamM

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think I'm getting rid of my Road Glide as well. Wish I could keep it but as it is I'm going to have to use some creative garage space reallocation to fit this SS next to my other SS.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Probably nothing. Trade in value is low on my Honda Sabre. I'll either keep it or try to sell myself.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts