Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few posts on people showing price gouging and inflating the prices with "setup" fees, "delivery" fees, etc.. What is your dealership charging total? Not including the cost of the vehicle just the "fees" they are adding? (not including licensing fees)

Mine is charging $395 for destination charge and thats it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Orangeman? What number are you at Best Buy. I am trying to keep a list going so we can track the wait list etc.

I am 13. I have met 3,4,5,12,14. what is your number?

·
2,333 Posts
Dunno for sure, but I promised Jim a steak if I get mine before Slobbering Fits :p

What was your order date.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'm getting a gray "SL" at the price of the SL. Nothing more, no set up, delivery or anything. Just tax title and reg, but that is normal for any vehicle or bike. My dealer said why should you pay more from a color change? Love the dealership, hate Polaris!

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
MSRP for a Base Titanium plus Windscreen and light kit at discount and $ 200 for install, set-up and delivery. Happy with dealer, price and everything but the wierd delivery process by Polaris. Machine and dealer are both great!

Reactions: Painter

·
Registered
105 Posts
$23999, $960 frt, $185 assembly, $145 PDI the last 2 are pre-printed on the invoice. I know they didn't 'assemble" it, but I assume there is some work involved in getting it from shipping mode to ready to go. I'm not going to quibble over those.
And 20% off on all accessories, so we got the cockpit cover, gps mount, interior lights. I put the lights in.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I got quotes ranging from $0 to $2700. Ended up taking one for $300 to avoid a longer trip for the $0. Would have gone for that one if it was not Winter.

When I passed on their offers, a couple of the high priced dealers called me back a few days later to accept my opening offer of $100 over MSRP + TT&T. It pays to be patient, but I'm running short on that.

Of course it may be Spring before I actually get it. Really getting tired of saying that...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bought mine in late July after it was announced. Base plus all the SL upgrades plus the interior light kit. Titanium is so much richer than the Red...and of course faster!!! Paid the SL price of $23,999 (SL does not inlcude the light kit). I did pay an extra $1,400 for freight and prep but considering I ordered it right after it was announced and that I was not charged any labor, I found it to be a decent deal. They did keep my base wheels, but I really did not want to deal with them anyway. At the time...I was unable to find any delaer in NJ with lower freight and prep fees. May be different now but I have almost 500 miles on my SS and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well looks like everyone is getting good deals on the SS's. I heard one member on here got a free SS helmet which is pretty awesome! I am getting a free shirt but other than that nothing extra, except 10% off all accessories I believe they said.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Think I beat everyone on a good deal.
I've also had my SL for a few weeks :)

In other news, I'll sell it with the LED ambient lights installed for $27,500 for anyone interested.
I'm on a waiting list for another already. haha

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts