Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 5418 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Was not as productive last night as I wanted. I made one wire run (I physically have to make the runs) and test fit my first light in the front. I test each location to ensure the color change mode and light coverage is perfect before moving to the next location. Damn, sometimes I stare at the engine bay for an hour to imagine the best routes for wires to make it look as OEM and hidden as possible.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I put in my new sparco seats today then went to put on the seat belt ends and guess what I had to take the seats back out it was to tight boy you could hear cussing down the street

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just to catch up...
A couple weeks ago I installed the red Alpha cam cover, black coil cover, and stainless exhaust cover.
Four days ago installed my own LED wiring harness and fuse block.
Three days ago installed new red LEDs in the foot wells and a switch in the dash.
Two days ago installed flame LEDs in the fender vents and a switch in the dash.
Yesterday installed color changing LEDs to the underside of the taillight lenses to light up the rear end, added a third switch to the dash, and ordered red silicone hoses.
Today I ordered a red CAI and visor for the radio. Tonight I'm installing color changing LEDs on the front.
Tomorrow I plan on finishing the LED installation and wash the beast.
Friday I will take off (it's date night)
Saturday I will install the hoses.
I'm hoping to install the CAI this weekend or early next week.
Oh, and I have floormats coming.

Then...off to the Smokies to ride and do some more shopping!
Seven maids a milking, six swans a swimming............

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
put the SS up on a lift to see if putting more insulation in the tunnel would help with heat.... Don't think I like the idea as it really doesn't solve the problem..... I have a large Aluminum sheet 1/8" thick. I'm going to cut and mount flush with the frame tubing to block off the tunnel all together. I think its the exhaust gases more than anything, could be wrong but if it doesn't help it will still look cool..... That is until I lower it back down to the ground... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
436 Posts
I put on a new rear tire, Nitto 555. I was inspecting my SS for the trip to the Smokies and the tread was worn to the wear bar. If you didn't know in the owners manual it says to replace the rear tire at 4mm. A regular car minimum tread depth is 2/32 inches or 1.59 mm.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Finished the first round of LED installs tonight, washed it in the dark, and dried it in the garage.

41 - 60 of 5418 Posts