Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

5381 - 5400 of 5428 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
No pretty easy just patience
The 2” is pretty easy. The hardest part is getting the old exhaust out. The 2 1/2” for boosted applications requires changing out a transmission hanger bracket. Whomever the madman at Polaris was that put 1/2 tube of permanent locktite on all of the bolts should have his head examined. This video will help with installing the 2 1/2”. It’s the only thing different between the 2.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Just got home from Velossa Tech Design. They installed the new Big Mouth Ram Air intake kit. It made a noticeable difference especially in higher rpms. Its available exclusively at @SlingMods.
Front.jpg

IMG_20180515_182026.jpg

Filter.jpg
overtop.jpg

·
Registered
380 Posts
So, those 2 pics....
Is the black one "off", and the red "on"??
Yes.
Black = off
Red = on

The red is very subtle, you can only see it after the sun goes down and looks more like light hitting a red reflector.

Reactions: ConnMan and Joker

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nothing major. added some shelf padding to the compartment areas in hopes of protecting whatever I put in there a bit. Not sure how much difference it will make on a dyno but the "seat of your pants" test was awesome.

20180516_172623.jpg 20180516_180048.jpg 20180516_172650.jpg

·
Registered
468 Posts
.....Had a nice ride today BUT this post isnt about my ride, its about what happened to me today while out riding.......

.......someone caught me stopped at a store and asked me could their son (age about 7/8) take a pic with my slingshot (Bee Bee)......

......and of course, me being the nice guy that I am said.............

.........."Yes, HE CAN STAND NEXT TO IT"......

..........Only azz that gets in the driver seat is the person who paid for it all........!

........Need a T-shirt that states " DOESNT PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS " or better yet one that states " THE ANSWER IS NO B4 YOU EVEN ASK".......!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Added a jump port. Couple of notes: My Alpha CAI made it tough to install, couldn't get my fat hands under it. Much easier to work on the alternator after removing the left wheel.

Didn't like that the bottom of the jump port was exposed. A little too easy to accidentally hit if you were working around it. Got a can of PlastiDip and layered a thick coat on the bottom of the jump port to protect it.

Thought a while about how to attach the port cable. Finally decided the best way was to slit the rubber hood to allow the original wire into the hood and slide the new port cable thru the original hole in the hood. Mount the new cable on the alternator post first, then put the original cable on top, then nut it.

Realized the original alternator wire was pretty light weight. If you had a fully dead battery, jumped it using this jump port and hit the starter immediately, I suspect you'd fry the wire or connectors from the load. I recommend attaching your jumper cables and letting it sit for a few minutes to charge the battery, then start. The battery will take the brunt of the load, not the alternator wire.
20180623_122011.jpg Capture.JPG

·
Registered
380 Posts
Added wheel lights. It wasn't easy finding motion lights that fit a BBK and had a brake override.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,850 Posts
Ok so I was trying to keep things quiet because I wanted the Slingshot to debut at SSITR and surprise people...and now that I'm headed out of SSiTR I'll add what's been done in the last 3 weeks.

AMR Graphics kit Capt America theme
Asanti wheels
Twist Dynamics canvas top
Twist Dynamics shifter, boot cover, and parking brake
Custom double nut comver from my toy
QA1 double adjustable coilovers
Twist Dynamics sway bar
Slingshot Only rear spoiler
LEDs by Lite the Nite

I think that's it...

Attachments

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
213 Posts
This is what I did today - - new JRI Grand Touring coil overs installed

didnt have a helper so I decided to just take my time and remove the rear panel - - it was so very easy to do and it made me feel better being able to see what I was doing

·
Registered
377 Posts
Painted Valve Cover & Twist Dynamics Coil Pack Cover, Installed DDW Silicone hose kit. Instructions said 1+ hr - took me 4. Almost 2 of that was trying to get the bottom return hoses to fit. They were too short in the kit and I had to move the piping that is under the engine.

(Having problems posting pics - I'll try again later.)

Edit: Got pics to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
that’s pretty awesome!!! where did you get it? is the install pretty easy? how does it look when the SS is moving?
Ridinfresh.com
It was all pretty simple, hardest part was getting all the cables into protective wire looms. Running the back cable required getting the sling up on jack stands. Some of the instructions for adding the brake switch were fuzzy, but they were very nice on the phone and cleared it up no problem.
I don't know what they look like moving, I'm in it. But I sure get a lot of heads turning.
They have a few videos you can watch.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Took off all emblems painted the front and reinstalled left the rear ones off. Also painted the front grill and belt cover flat black with a matte clear same as the emblem took all the orange off the rest just left the inside and gas cap orange.

9AE0A79F-314F-4B2C-9BA7-63C37CF838AF.jpeg
8DD24739-F457-4B43-AAB4-BF2E8017E551.jpeg
CF2ED46C-22E4-4F4D-A540-7D1174FF4863.jpeg
395BEE3B-4547-4594-9E05-AA38F2631DD1.jpeg

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looking great ! @Br4hm4. Your knocking your sling and the event out of the park this year! Bet everyone had a blast at SSITR wish I could have made it again this year . But the years a long way from over yet . See you around.

5381 - 5400 of 5428 Posts