Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 5418 Posts

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Ripped out the ecu and shipped it to California. Overnite shipping there 53 bucks. Return priority overnite shipping with allowed Saturday delivery 89 bucks. Air intake is being pulled. Hood removed to allow for easy access to the bay. Hoping to have most of the parts gutted and some of the Alpha turbo kit installed tonight. Small hiccup with the wheels means I have to go meet the powder coater tonight. :/

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
Waxed it then drove it almost 2.5 hours and dropped it off at Hahn. Getting a few last minute things before I leave this Sunday for SSITS.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ripped out the ecu and shipped it to California. Overnite shipping there 53 bucks. Return priority overnite shipping with allowed Saturday delivery 89 bucks. Air intake is being pulled. Hood removed to allow for easy access to the bay. Hoping to have most of the parts gutted and some of the Alpha turbo kit installed tonight. Small hiccup with the wheels means I have to go meet the powder coater tonight. :/
Why did you take the wheels off to do the turbo?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Did a 500 mile service a couple weeks back but didn't grease the shaft u-joint at the time. So Greased the u-joint on the driveshaft today in prepping for the trip to the Slingshot in the Smokies. Boy was that a pain in the azz. I even took the u-bolts off and removed the zerk, put in a angled one and found out there wasn't enough clearance to rotate without hitting. So back out it came and reinstalled the straight fitting. Had to stop midway thru this project as well and go to the auto parts store for a tapered tip and a mini grease gun.
Glad I greased it too cause there didn't appear to be much grease in the cups

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Today carol & i
removed 96% of the screws holding the passenger side panel that hides that big hideous muffler -

removed the 6 springs hold that "Big-Bitch" muffler to the cat & chassis (what a pain in the ass them springs - used a curved pick - glad we do not have to put them back)

we then unbolted the cat from the exhaust manifold - what a large opening we created with the "Big-Bitch" gone. We thinking about putting some luggage in there, for
"SlingShot in the Smokies"

we next removed the grille and the plastic that sits in front the radiator and installed the heat shield for the
"Codeman-SlingShotMods" exhaust

to make it as easiest as possible,
we removed the two bolts holding the sway-bar to the A-Arms and the passenger side tie-rod, and swung that tire way out of the way

with that all done, it made it easier to snake the exhaust-manifold in and around the chassis - used supplied new metal o-ring gasket and married that pipe to the exhaust manifold

put the muffler and second pipe in, bolted hangers to front frame
AND used 2 trick 2 1/2" Stainless-Steel clamps - they are stepped and slide on both the muffler and pipes and they do not crush the pipes, making for easy removal

put all the screws back holding them there panels
AND-THEN
we started the engine - - - - -
WoWoWoWoWoWoWoWoW

WHAT-A-DIFFERENCE

the engine RPM's faster then with stock exhaust-must more less restrictive - (that cat with the honey-comb inside is choking the engine
and now with the 2 1/2" exhaust - it flows much better)

the sound is awesome and i let her idle until engine reached max temp
and i sat in pass-seat while idling
AND - - No-Fumes

will test ride later today

we removed drain and filler plugs in rear - sprayed 2 cans of brake clean into filler plug and then blew air in there to force all the oil out - letting drain all night - add fluid latter and then do same to transmission - going to add Royal-Purple 75/140
will also grease drive-shaft

and then we be off to my buddy Chris of CJM Chassis, who will adjust the new Strange-Shocks/Springs - to original height and check front-end-alignment

................................. tom n carol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had an alarm installed on the Slingshot at Best Buy out in Yorba Linda California. The install tech, Chad, did a terrific job. He was able to look up all of data on the other Slingshot installs using their corporate BBS.
@gearhead What alarm system and what all does it do for you. Any pictures and video?

21 - 40 of 5418 Posts