Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 5428 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
View attachment 41436 I am reposting this in the correct thread.
Finally had time to get my new Clarion CMS 5 mounted today Thanks to @FFShawn and @Shack for the billet mounting frame. Still need to get the wiring done, going to try and dive into that later today. Hopefully I won't screw it up.
Clarion CMS 5??? HOLY CRAP $700 head unit!!! i could only wish to have that kind of dough to throw at theSS.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
@Macaws I'm not sure what type trailer you are using but I have found when loading solo it is so much easier to back in. But I understand not all rigs will accommodate this approach due to load centering issues.
Its an 18 car hauler - I prefer going in nose first to keep the weight forward.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Don't worry there are people crazier than me and spending more. Hell the stock radio is a$2500 option
good Point SIr

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
good Point SIr
Honestly I think it was the safest investment since it is marine quality and waterproof.
The guys putting in car double dins are much braver than me. If you are looking for a good deal on the perfect waterproof drop in head unit for a base model check out the For Sale section I have my Fusion RA205 posted there already mounted into a Stock Cubby.

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
Don't worry there are people crazier than me and spending more. Hell the stock radio is a$2500 option
@Macaws I think I have an easy solution to your problem ...
Back it in solo, pack the front full of cold beer, when you get to where we are going I will help you drink the beer as well as help you load the Sling ! ;)
I paid $2,500.00 for the "Fast Red" paint the "Suck" radio was free ! ;) :D:D

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
@Macaws I think I have an easy solution to your problem ...
Back it in solo, pack the front full of cold beer, when you get to where we are going I will help you drink the beer as well as help you load the Sling

I paid $2,500.00 for the "Fast Red" paint the "Suck" radio was free ! ;) :D:D
Now why didn't I think of that - were we gonna meet?

·
1,601 Posts
Bill is all about old Kentucky Bourbon. We can find a bottle in for him.
If you come to The Slingshot Booze and Blues Event - I will make sure I protect you share of the beer.
We are seriously considering it, it is very high on my "to do" list this year. The company I work for will be under new ownership by then so I have no way of knowing how many vacation days I will have at present. But I will keep you posted it sounds like a fun trip you have put together.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I put in the cms5, 300w alpine 5 channel amp, 4 6.5 marine clarions, 2 clarion 1" tweeters, ssv front and side pods for $1450 or so, and it makes the stock unit sound dumb. Maybe spend $200 on the camera, so $1700 vs $2400

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
We are seriously considering it, it is very high on my "to do" list this year. The company I work for will be under new ownership by then so I have no way of knowing how many vacation days I will have at present. But I will keep you posted it sounds like a fun trip you have put together.
Hope you can make it - if so let me know the brand of beer it will be waiting for you and cold.

·
1,601 Posts
Hope you can make it - if so let me know the brand of beer it will be waiting for you and cold.

I thought everyone knew I like the "Faster Red" :)
Oh and don't worry about "Old Kentucky Bourbon" I've got @Bill Martin covered after all that would just take up too much valuable real estate in your "Bud Hauler" ! ;) :D:D

2461 - 2480 of 5428 Posts