Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 5428 Posts

·
Vendor
416 Posts
Don, Thanks for the research, I saw Baker "Air Wings" use on the top, down at Eureka Springs. For air flow I think its great. Not sure that will work for my friend here in La Porte. Line of sight issue.
Hey I just talked to the plant when I was there on Friday and we can do a taller one special for him. Have him give me a call.
330-968-4644

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice choice on the material. It was very sturdy once we formed it. Left a little blood and sweat on @lrobbi 's R-Shot. Never had someone take a pic of me working. Thanks buddy!
View attachment 39000
Nice work @WraithSS it's guys like you and so many others that are willing to help other people do cool stuff to their slingshots that's what make's this fourm so great.;)

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Turned down the boost to try and save the rear tire. The new one isn't going to get here until Thursday, so I won't have time to put it on until next Monday. This one needs to last another 7 days of abuse

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
@Funinthesun I have an extra set of base rims with tires if you wanna use them

Reactions: SlungLow

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
Bought some used JRI's that came off a sling' that belongs to some "Mad Man" named @Tango . Henry told him retractable landing gear made more sense with his latest mod ! ;) :D:D:D
Thanks Norm and Henry I can't wait to install them and check out the new ride !

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure this one will last the week. heading out to see Noel and Shack in the morning, and will make it back before dark. The rains won't hit until late in the week, so when it comes in Thursday, I can try to sneak away for an hour to get it mounted and balanced before the weekend. Hope it clears the rear spring. Thanks again Kenny. You're the best

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Received:
I had the recall done on headlite circuit a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering how to handle the double fuse and relays the dealer installed. I did not want two switches to shut off the headlights so I found the ground terminal on both relays. They are black wires. I pulled them out of the fuse block, and cut the black wire back about 1 1/2" from the terminal. Hooked the two together with another wire and ran it to a switch from Autozone Part # 85924. Then ran another wire from the switch to a good ground. Now the new switch controls just the ground to both relays. There is very little current on the coil circuit of the relays that this 10 amp switch will have no problem. I forgot to say that I did this because I installed Halos before the recall. Total cost was about $5.00.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Thanks Received:
I had the recall done on headlite circuit a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering how to handle the double fuse and relays the dealer installed. I did not want two switches to shut off the headlights so I found the ground terminal on both relays. They are black wires. I pulled them out of the fuse block, and cut the black wire back about 1 1/2" from the terminal. Hooked the two together with another wire and ran it to a switch from Autozone Part # 85924. Then ran another wire from the switch to a good ground. Now the new switch controls just the ground to both relays. There is very little current on the coil circuit of the relays that this 10 amp switch will have no problem. I forgot to say that I did this because I installed Halos before the recall. Total cost was about $5.00.
Tripod
(Who has a Well-Known "Member")
Thanks received:

Good job @Tracer & welcome!

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
Wired up the heated seats. Had to remanufacture the wiring harness that came from Corbeau so that it would be plug and play. Also removed all non weatherproof connectors and replaced with OEM connectors like Polaris used throughout.
20160111_182649_resized.jpg

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Fabricated step down bolt (1/4 - 20 to 6 mm ) to mount Hero camera mount to wind screen support without drilling and retapping the support. Road a few miles 43 degrees with my new helmet that I had bought for F.I.R.M. Works real good in the cold.
Fun, There are some 12v heated seat pads that you can get very
reasonable..($30.00)

2161 - 2180 of 5428 Posts