Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Based on what I've been told by the dealer and what I've read here on the forum, I've sumized that initial inventory deliveries will likely begin the third week in Sept. and continue through the 2nd or 3rd week of Oct. All dealers can't get delivered the same day or week, only makes sence. They simply don't have enough trucks. Now all we have to hope for is where our specific dealers are on the priority list! First come first served ? Biggest dealer with biggest clout ?? Anyway we're still in anticipation hell.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Based on what I've been told by the dealer and what I've read here on the forum, I've sumized that initial inventory deliveries will likely begin the third week in Sept. and continue through the 2nd or 3rd week of Oct. All dealers can't get delivered the same day or week, only makes sence. They simply don't have enough trucks. Now all we have to hope for is where our specific dealers are on the priority list! First come first served ? Biggest dealer with biggest clout ?? Anyway we're still in anticipation hell.
Accurate term "anticipation hell"

·
Registered
84 Posts
It has to be better than with the 2014 spyder rtl the info was released in Sep, got my hands on one Jan 31st, but at least it was in ft Myers , Fl.

·
Registered
839 Posts
In Québec it's to late to buy in Oct.-Nov...it's too cold...i will put a deposit when they receive it and finalize the paper in March!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, I released my #2 slot. Reasons:

- Got uneasy about Polaris not releasing more specs, etc this close to shipping
- Got uneasy about buying 'year one'
- I really needed to understand the luggage options (like to carry my Givis) before I committed.
- First ships will be at the start of Winter so the wait for info would probably not cut much into drive time.

That said, I love the ride and I am wanting this thing to be a success. Looking forward to the comments as they come in.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
OK, I released my #2 slot. Reasons:

- Got uneasy about Polaris not releasing more specs, etc this close to shipping
- Got uneasy about buying 'year one'
- I really needed to understand the luggage options (like to carry my Givis) before I committed.
- First ships will be at the start of Winter so the wait for info would probably not cut much into drive time.

That said, I love the ride and I am wanting this thing to be a success. Looking forward to the comments as they come in.
Well it's not like you will never have the chance to get one later. My wife tried to use that 'sane logic' on me but it didn't work, more power to you sir. BTW, what state are you in?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well it's not like you will never have the chance to get one later. My wife tried to use that 'sane logic' on me but it didn't work, more power to you sir. BTW, what state are you in?
Wives..... Wanndu they know..... (actually the wife was on board with the plan...)

I'm in Central Texas. Kinda sorta near Austin.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts