Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the SS have a heater? Would be nice for cold days.

Wouldn't even need a heater core if there were a louvered system to direct warm air from the engine compartment and/or radiator to the passenger compartment.

But I guess if there were one we'd know by now.

On the flip side, one thing I like about motorcycles is the feeling of the air on your whole body on a nice day.

Are there any vents to let air into the passenger compartment to cool the feet and lower body on warm days?

·
Registered
438 Posts
THIS is the question I want answered as living in Florida, It gets hot down here. And having a heater would be nice during the winters. It feels cold when it's 40 outside in 65 mph wind!
It's the humidity, LOL

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
No heating or cooling in the SS. I don't remember seeing any louvers or anything like that either. I'm sure there will be an aftermarket heating system just like they offer for the UTVs. Only time will tell when.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Just use motorcycle heated clothing.

A buddy of mine drives all year in Virginia as long as there isn't any snow on the roads.

Heated gloves, pants, jacket liner, and socks are all you will need and they have systems where they all plug into each other.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea, thanks.

What's the power draw for a complete outfit?

Anyone know if the base SS has a 12V outlet?

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I haven't gotten confirmation about the power outlet - 4Nines? Nick?

They do make battery powered heated gear as well so it doesn't have to plug in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are several aftermarket weatherproof seat heat pads for motorcycles. An upholstery place should be able to put one on a Slingshot. Have a heated seat on my current bike, makes way more of a difference than I'd anticipated. A full heated suit might be overkill on an ss, maybe, since you won't have nearly as much wind exposure as a bike or snowmobile. I would think a heated jacket liner would be plenty.

·
Registered
86 Posts
installing heated seats and maybe steering wheel grips would be easy.

installing a true heater may be difficult. and it's a convertible so i don't think ventilation will be much of an issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A heated jacket liner or vest would prob be enough. I had a friend who liked to ride around with his Jeep opened up on cold-but-clear days and that's what he used. It's amazing how just keeping your core warm will end up keeping your whole body comfortable.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts