Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read on the slingmods QnA that the Welter Duals are not compatible with the rear fender from Polaris. Now I know an easy fix would be to just remove the fender but I really like the look of the Duals and also the fender (plus it was $750 more for the fender).
I assume the issue is the clearance during suspension movements. Can anyone confirm? Also i'm thinking of modifying the fender to have a channel in the rear part to accommodate the pipe for the Welter exhaust.
I think that it could be not very noticeable from normal viewpoints and allow the exhaust to not be an issue with the fender.
Has anyone attempted anything like this or have thoughts?

·
Registered
82 Posts
You may want to contact Jeff at welter performance and ask him what is compatiele. I pretty sure the duals will fit with the fender, but be sure before taking my word.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Here is a custom made full fender with Welter 2 1/2" rear exhaust and never hits .
And after 1yr of running and hitting some pretty good bumps and I thought it would have hit
at some point when I installed it.
Now my wife and I are 250 lbs together and so if running heavier weight maybe ??

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
And I was told the same thing for my full rear fender I made for Vanderhall Venice.
If I was putting more weight in my full fender would probably hit at some point the upper body.
Vanderhall only makes a half rear fender for Venice

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a custom made full fender with Welter 2 1/2" rear exhaust and never hits .
And after 1yr of running and hitting some pretty good bumps and I thought it would have hit
at some point when I installed it.
Now my wife and I are 250 lbs together and so if running heavier weight maybe ??
Thanks, that actually helps alot. Here is a couple pics of the fender I'll have on mine when it gets here (its the Polaris one) so ill try it out and see how it goes.
20180418_154618.jpg
5326BABD-3897-45EB-B6A1-68D3FE0FE655.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts