Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SS.png

Two Slingshots are arriving tomorrow to our store. The delivery person called us on Thursday afternoon to figure out a delivery window, and, weather pending, two SS are expected to show tomorrow.

The delivery person did not know which models we would be receiving, whether two SLs or an SL and a base, or what, but we are following up with our DSM to see if we can learn more ahead of tomorrow.

AND...

I won't even be there tomorrow! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I'm at an event I'm hosting in Grand Rapids, so I have instructed our manager to record some video of the SSes coming off the truck.

So, it's bittersweet, knowing they may still be there when I get back, that our depositors will finally be able to take them home, but I won't be there to celebrate a unicorn sighting. :sorry:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Great news Kip! Cannot believe after all of this waiting you will not be there for the big delivery. Looking forward to some video of the event. Very interested to see if you get a base model in this batch.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You could always reschedule the event in Grand Rapids - or get someone else to host for you! Where there's a will there's a way.

C'mon man this is history you are missing out on! What are you going to tell your grand kids when they ask you "Grandpa, were you there for the first delivery of the Slingshot?" You really want to say "no, I was hosting the monthly Red Hat meeting in Grand Rapids and missed it." That's just embarrassing. :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could always reschedule the event in Grand Rapids - or get someone else to host for you! Where there's a will there's a way.

C'mon man this is history you are missing out on! What are you going to tell your grand kids when they ask you "Grandpa, were you there for the first delivery of the Slingshot?" You really want to say "no, I was hosting the monthly Red Hat meeting in Grand Rapids and missed it." That's just embarrassing. :)
Actually it's a 30K attendee comic con: www.grcomiccon.com

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:p
Well, I'm excited. Events management is my next favorite hobby.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One Slingshot vs 30K whatever's?

That's a no-brainer.... Slingshot!
LOL, yeah, I can hear the shouts of all 30K now!

Kip, you should have left the office a week ago - then the SSs would already be there! :D:D
That's exactly how that works!!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
View attachment 2535

Two Slingshots are arriving tomorrow to our store. The delivery person called us on Thursday afternoon to figure out a delivery window, and, weather pending, two SS are expected to show tomorrow.

The delivery person did not know which models we would be receiving, whether two SLs or an SL and a base, or what, but we are following up with our DSM to see if we can learn more ahead of tomorrow.

AND...

I won't even be there tomorrow! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I'm at an event I'm hosting in Grand Rapids, so I have instructed our manager to record some video of the SSes coming off the truck.

So, it's bittersweet, knowing they may still be there when I get back, that our depositors will finally be able to take them home, but I won't be there to celebrate a unicorn sighting. :sorry:
Kip,

Can you ecplain if your information in your computer was ever updated or correct to reflect the information you got from the call from the driver?

Also, please share (if you can) what your DSM says about delivery protocol and info in your computer.

It seems odd that they even put anything into the computer system, if it is all incorrect info...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi there - two questions:

- Can you confirm when they arrive?
- Are they both spoken for or will one be the dealer demo car?

I ask because, although I live in Chicago, I will be in your neck of the woods next week for T'giving. Specifically, would love to swing by either on Wed or Fri of next week to view.

Possible?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kip,

Can you ecplain if your information in your computer was ever updated or correct to reflect the information you got from the call from the driver?

Also, please share (if you can) what your DSM says about delivery protocol and info in your computer.

It seems odd that they even put anything into the computer system, if it is all incorrect info...
This very morning new information was uploaded. Two SLs are coming from Haviland, OH and will be here by late afternoon, weather pending.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi there - two questions:

- Can you confirm when they arrive?
- Are they both spoken for or will one be the dealer demo car?

I ask because, although I live in Chicago, I will be in your neck of the woods next week for T'giving. Specifically, would love to swing by either on Wed or Fri of next week to view.

Possible?
We are not keeping a model as a demo. All our first rounds of Slingshots will be sold to the customers who placed deposits with us. It may still be here around Thanksgiving though!

See my above post for an estimated arrival.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gotcha. I'll check in with you as I get to the area. Perhaps if it's there, I can swing by and at least look at it in the flesh and perhaps sit in to check fitment/comfort. Tell the new owner I'll buy him a 12 pack of Bell's Christmas Ale for the pleasure! :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
So who are the lucky owners!

If they don't mind you saying of course.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So who are the lucky owners!

If they don't mind you saying of course.
Bird440 has a base model reserved, of course. But that isn't arriving this shipment. I know some depositors out there have stated want their privacy protected, so I'll respect that. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts