Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
741 - 752 of 752 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I too sold my Honda cruiser and 1 of 2 yamaha scooters, or as we call them here in NC liquor cycles, just took possession of our 2022 SLR on 03/03 2022.This thing is a blast.The only mod i really want to do is an exhaust system that exits to the rear, factory exhaust exits in engine compartment on passenger side and in all actuality does sound all that good, any suggestions would be great.One thing I have found out that mods are expensive for Sling Shots.Can someone start a Gofund Me page so I can get things done,LOL.
One of the best Slingshot vendors is probably not to far.... Check with Dave at
Polaris Slingshot Parts and Accessories (ddmworks.com)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all, greetings from the Great White North (Ontario). The land of polar bears, igloos and slingshots. :ROFLMAO:
Just bought a used 2018 SLR. Have driven one before when I rented it and drove the Tail of the Dragon (both ways). Knew at some point I would have to have one. Well that day has arrived. Pick it up tomorrow. Really looking forward to this summer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey all, greetings from the Great White North (Ontario). The land of polar bears, igloos and slingshots. :ROFLMAO:
Just bought a used 2018 SLR. Have driven one before when I rented it and drove the Tail of the Dragon (both ways). Knew at some point I would have to have one. Well that day has arrived. Pick it up tomorrow. Really looking forward to this summer.
Welcome

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bob! Things are pretty quiet around here right now but the party should start soon!
I still have a Spyder RTL but am thinking about getting a 2023 Slingshot next year. I am worried about getting in and out of such a low slung vehicle since I have problems with my legs. I cannot get up from a crouch without help. I'd need something to help me get up out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I still have a Spyder RTL but am thinking about getting a 2023 Slingshot next year. I am worried about getting in and out of such a low slung vehicle since I have problems with my legs. I cannot get up from a crouch without help. I'd need something to help me get up out of the vehicle.
Some of the Tops would be good to hold on to for in/out. Take a look at lots of the pictures that are out there.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
SlingshotForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Polaris Slingshot.

Our goal is to be the premier Polaris Slingshot on the web!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
HELLO I just purchased a 2022 Slingshot SL Ultra Blue ( lovein it ) My right foot seams a lot heaver now and my smile is bigger too !! My First trip will be to Slingshots in the smokies, can't wait to meet more owners !!

·
Registered
2019 Slingshot Touring
1 Posts
SlingshotForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Polaris Slingshot.

Our goal is to be the premier Polaris Slingshot on the web!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
I’ve had my 2019 Slingshot for 2 years. Got it at Daytona Biktoberfest when I traded my Harley. My neighbor got one and it seemed like a good solution as I wanted to avoid tipping, didn’t like the way trikes rode, and really enjoy being able to talk to my passenger (usually my wife). We recently built a trailer to hold both Slingshots for longer trips. Headed to Branson in September, Gatlinburg area next spring, and Laconia next June. I have the touring model-some type roof is a big plus for sun protection. Still get wet in rain, but so what! Added rear saddlebags after seeing them at our first show in Sarasota. Last year road to Sling in the Smokies. Had some issues with the Warranty from the dealer but eventually resolved with Polaris to get a 5 year extended warranty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good evening- we just picked up a 2018 base model with about 11,000 miles. I am planning on fixing a couple things and adding a backup camera. I have tons of questions and will likely start upgrading the Slingshot bit by bit. We live in FL most of the year and spend summers in western North Carolina. The slingshot will travel with us to enjoy the best weather in both states.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We're retired and living in northwest Indiana. We love to travel on our trike. Most years, we've gone on at least one or more multiple day trips. We've been in 28 states on our various motorcycles over the last several years. I've been riding some sort of motorcycle since the early 1970's when I rode a Honda Trail 70 on Daytona Beach. Jumping ahead to 2022, due to back issues, I traded in my 2019 Honda Goldwing / Roadsmith trike for a 2022 Slingshot R in Pacific Teal Fade. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until mid October to get it.

741 - 752 of 752 Posts