Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
721 - 740 of 752 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
SlingshotForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Polaris Slingshot.

Our goal is to be the premier Polaris Slingshot on the web!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Hello all, my name is Benjamin and I am in the process of getting a 2021 slingshot model S. I am looking forward to getting as much information about modifications since I starting with the base model.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Hello all, my name is Benjamin and I am in the process of getting a 2021 slingshot model S. I am looking forward to getting as much information about modifications since I starting with the base model.
Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity". Get lots of seat time in before going to crazy with the 'mods'. Lots of things you can do with this great machine. My mod of choice --- GAS --- Since Feb 2015 I've done over 102,000 miles. Northern Indiana.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New owner...Just brought wife a 2018 slingshot two weeks ago, and she just loves it.I am 78 years old and it is hard for me to get in,but I have a 1800 goldwing that is my baby.I know nothing about a slingshot so I am here to learn. Not sure how much we will get to ride as winters are bad in Dayton.Ohio.:):):)

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
New owner...Just brought wife a 2018 slingshot two weeks ago, and she just loves it.I am 78 years old and it is hard for me to get in,but I have a 1800 goldwing that is my baby.I know nothing about a slingshot so I am here to learn. Not sure how much we will get to ride as winters are bad in Dayton.Ohio.:):):)
Welcome aboard Tazz! Wander around here and get the feel of the place. There are countless useful threads here and many helpful people. Feel free to post questions you may have!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello from Bill in Martinsville Indiana. Just bought a 2021 Slingshot S. My wife and I have owned lots of different bikes over the years but am going to try the Slingshot now. Looking forward to putting miles on it as weather allows. Thanks for the add to the site.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Hello from Bill in Martinsville Indiana. Just bought a 2021 Slingshot S. My wife and I have owned lots of different bikes over the years but am going to try the Slingshot now. Looking forward to putting miles on it as weather allows. Thanks for the add to the site.
Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity". I to have had my share of Gold Wings over time and the Slingshot is just fantastic. Check the Slingshot group in the Indy area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone! Just picked up my 2021 SL today from Redhills in Tallahassee, FL. I've been waiting since August. Well worth the wait. Most fun I've ever had driving. It's even better than I imagined.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Hey everyone! Just picked up my 2021 SL today from Redhills in Tallahassee, FL. I've been waiting since August. Well worth the wait. Most fun I've ever had driving. It's even better than I imagined.
Wellcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity' Bought in Feb of 2015 and have a little over 106,000 miles in the seat. My suggestion is that you get lots of miles in the seat before making to many mods. Lots of fun things we can do to make it "our" --- me, I put miles on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey y'all thanks for the add. After much thought and a few too many close calls in traffic I've decided to trade my Chieftain in on a 21 Slingshot SL. I pick it up tomorrow.
Really kinda stoked about it. I've always thought these were kinda cool. The wife went to 3 wheels about 6 months ago. She got a Ryker. When I started thinking about it I knew if I made the switch it was gonna be a Slingshot, don't care for the Ryker and Spyder and Harley trikes are borderline terrifying.
So tomorrow is the big day. I'll be here for advice for sure.
Just a tiny bit nervous about my decision, it is a big one I rode 2 wheels a long time. But I have a mostly good feeling about it.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Hey y'all thanks for the add. After much thought and a few too many close calls in traffic I've decided to trade my Chieftain in on a 21 Slingshot SL. I pick it up tomorrow.
Really kinda stoked about it. I've always thought these were kinda cool. The wife went to 3 wheels about 6 months ago. She got a Ryker. When I started thinking about it I knew if I made the switch it was gonna be a Slingshot, don't care for the Ryker and Spyder and Harley trikes are borderline terrifying.
So tomorrow is the big day. I'll be here for advice for sure.
Just a tiny bit nervous about my decision, it is a big one I rode 2 wheels a long time. But I have a mostly good feeling about it.
Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity'. Most of us came here from 2 wheels. Got Slingshot in the Garage and had my son ride my Gold Wing to my long time dealer who sold it for me. Never look back. Since Feb of 2015 I have 107,000+ miles in the seat. My best advice is get lots of seat time in before going to crazy with the mods. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2019 Polaris Slingshot SLR Afterburner Orange
7 Posts
I'm Donnie from Avon, Indiana. Been following the forums for awhile. Finally registered and posted today. Got a 2019 Slingshot SLR in afterburner orange with quite of bit of cosmetic mods done already. Great community here!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I'm Donnie from Avon, Indiana. Been following the forums for awhile. Finally registered and posted today. Got a 2019 Slingshot SLR in afterburner orange with quite of bit of cosmetic mods done already. Great community here!
Hi Donnie from Avon...I'm Ej from La Porte, IN I've been around since Jan of 2015. Look at www.SlingshotRoadsters.com major rallies ... Slingshot in the Smokes 2022 probably have 500+ Slingshot in Maggie Valley for the week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well….Hello everyone. Long time viewer first time first time poster/registrar. My name is Keith and I reside in a little southern town called Charleston. 92 miles north of Savannah and 94 miles south of Myrtle Beach. I currently ride a two wheel scoot with a HD logo on it and I have been thinking about retiring from it over the last 2 months. Always wanted a SS since they came out but life got in the way. I finally am in the position to own one so I ordered a 2022 SSR two weeks ago. My dealership said have a little patience because he has some orders that have been in since 2021 and still not in😳.

I logged on to my SS account and status said expect delivery in mid June. Oh well, I have plenty of time to read SS forums. 👍. To my complete surprise, 2 weeks from my order date, my status changed and my 2022 SSR is in transit. What in the world?……….my dealer said he heard the same but let’s mpnot get excited until we get confirmation. Well, I must say that I am totally excited and making a list of mods right now.

I know what Mr EJ Ford tells all new SSers but my excitement has me making all kind of bad decisions. New top, new wheels, wheel Led kit, chaser Led kit, saddle bags, new wrap, interior upgrades, and how can I forget the Rev air ride system for 4,200 without installation. “get lots of seat time before you go mod crazy”.

Yeah, yeah, yeah…🙄

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Well….Hello everyone. Long time viewer first time first time poster/registrar. My name is Keith and I reside in a little southern town called Charleston. 92 miles north of Savannah and 94 miles south of Myrtle Beach. I currently ride a two wheel scoot with a HD logo on it and I have been thinking about retiring from it over the last 2 months. Always wanted a SS since they came out but life got in the way. I finally am in the position to own one so I ordered a 2022 SSR two weeks ago. My dealership said have a little patience because he has some orders that have been in since 2021 and still not in😳.

I logged on to my SS account and status said expect delivery in mid June. Oh well, I have plenty of time to read SS forums. 👍. To my complete surprise, 2 weeks from my order date, my status changed and my 2022 SSR is in transit. What in the world?……….my dealer said he heard the same but let’s mpnot get excited until we get confirmation. Well, I must say that I am totally excited and making a list of mods right now.

I know what Mr EJ Ford tells all new SSers but my excitement has me making all kind of bad decisions. New top, new wheels, wheel Led kit, chaser Led kit, saddle bags, new wrap, interior upgrades, and how can I forget the Rev air ride system for 4,200 without installation. “get lots of seat time before you go mod crazy”.

Yeah, yeah, yeah…🙄
Keith, Not going to say it again. Just Welcome. Come on two or three wheels and plan on coming to SSITS 2022 Maggie Valley, NC There will be about 500 crazy guys with their Slingshots. Good chance to see lots of stuff. Check out www.SlingshotRoadsters.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Keith, Not going to say it again. Just Welcome. Come on two or three wheels and plan on coming to SSITS 2022 Maggie Valley, NC There will be about 500 crazy guys with their Slingshots. Good chance to see lots of stuff. Check out www.SlingshotRoadsters.com
I too sold my Honda cruiser and 1 of 2 yamaha scooters, or as we call them here in NC liquor cycles, just took possession of our 2022 SLR on 03/03 2022.This thing is a blast.The only mod i really want to do is an exhaust system that exits to the rear, factory exhaust exits in engine compartment on passenger side and in all actuality does sound all that good, any suggestions would be great.One thing I have found out that mods are expensive for Sling Shots.Can someone start a Gofund Me page so I can get things done,LOL.

721 - 740 of 752 Posts