Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

701 - 705 of 705 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Old man (71) interested in getting my first Slingshot! I never rode a motorcycle until I retired at 60, and loved it. Gave my grandsons motorcycles and now, they are accomplished riders.
I just bought the R model. Less expensive yet, insane to drive. My daughter and son in law LOVE it and occasionally let me drive it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had a teenage dream come true last week. In high school saw the T-rex come out and thought i need one some day but was disappointed by the sticker price and put that dream on a dusty shelf. Until i saw the slingshot come out and figured some day i could at least afford a used one. Well after shopping around for a few years my wife and i where able to pick one up. My only problem is not much of a community in NB Canada or service centers but that is ok because i don't mind learning and doing basic stuff on my own. The real goal now is to have my wife fall in love with it and for us to get a new one in a few years ;).

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mustang and also to the wife. Now listen to her as you ride, if she says the floorboard is hot, you may need to add some mods like insulation to the underneath area of the Floorboard. On the early models, the firewall will get hot, Insulation can help there. Air vents on early models can help. You came to our forum to learn what you need to know from other owners, so I would like to invite you to look at my vast Thread on Slingshot information along with video to help with the many subjects I cover for the Slingshot. I have designed it for the new owners and the things I think he or she may want to know. Look at the Index and find subjects that interest you the most and click to go to those areas. Enjoy your Slingshot!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mustang and also to the wife. Now listen to her as you ride, if she says the floorboard is hot, you may need to add some mods like insulation to the underneath area of the Floorboard. On the early models, the firewall will get hot, Insulation can help there. Air vents on early models can help. You came to our forum to learn what you need to know from other owners, so I would like to invite you to look at my vast Thread on Slingshot information along with video to help with the many subjects I cover for the Slingshot. I have designed it for the new owners and the things I think he or she may want to know. Look at the Index and find subjects that interest you the most and click to go to those areas. Enjoy your Slingshot!

Thanks Sam and rest assured i have already availed myself to your videos. In fact i looked over a good many of them over the years. They definitely gave me more confidence to to do regular maintenance myself. In week one i have already done an oil change, greased the U-joint, clutch fluid, and angel drive oil and an air filter is on the way.

701 - 705 of 705 Posts