Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

681 - 700 of 709 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Slingshot SL
2 Posts
SlingshotForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Polaris Slingshot.

Our goal is to be the premier Polaris Slingshot on the web!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
  • Just wanted to say hello. I bought 2017 SS about 2 weeks ago, I bought it as my retirement toy. very COOL and FUN. I have never owned any kind of a bike or anything like that. I’m from small town just outside of Indianapolis. My wife has booked us for an SS rally in North Carolina in August. We are so excited.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
  • Just wanted to say hello. I bought 2017 SS about 2 weeks ago, I bought it as my retirement toy. very COOL and FUN. I have never owned any kind of a bike or anything like that. I’m from small town just outside of Indianapolis. My wife has booked us for an SS rally in North Carolina in August. We are so excited.
Lots of Slingshots in the Indy area. In a normal year lots of activities with the Face Book Indy Slingshots. I don't do Face Book but you can check that out I'm in La Porte, IN about as far North in Indiana as you can get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I’m Lil Bit and hope I’m doing this correctly, lol... New to slinging, bought my 2019 SLR on May 16, 2020. Picked it up with 998 miles on it, it now has 1553. I’m lovin’ it.
I currently own lots of mustangs ( ‘04 V8 convertible, Storm; ‘00 6cyl, Silver Surfer; ‘99 6cyl, Superman; ‘98 6cyl auto, Hulk; ‘98 V8, Batman (in restoration, I boogerd him up a bit) and have part interest in a ‘90 LX). I also own an ‘01 Dodge Dakota.
I drive 18wheels for a living, I’m a steel hauler, local out of Vonore, TN. Being a ‘girl’ in a mans‘ world is very interesting! I get lots of looks and attention as I throw my chains n straps, lol. So the looks I’ve gotten while slinging are right up my alley!
Thanks for the forums and the ability to join. I’m looking forward to many great rides. Gotta get back to shining the ‘Black Widow’ up... see ya round and about southeastern TN.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Hello to all the new Slingshot Owners. I am happy you found our Forum and want to invite you to view my three threads that are devoted to helping our new owners with Slingshot information and including many video of how-to Subjects. You will find an index to each of the subjects to quickly find information of interest to you. I am adding new information all the time and I gear it for New Owners and folks looking to buy a Slingshot. I add information to each Thread and each thread has links to the other thread, so you can view everything from each thread. Welcome to the Forum.

Here are my three thread links

New Owners Slingshot Information

Sam Owens Media and Slingshot Information

Sam Owens Slingshot Help Ad

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just saying hello. Bought a new 2019 SL left over. My name is Bruce. Had Victory for many years. I hope Polaris did as a good job as the Victory.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Welcome Bruce, you will find the Slingshot will provide many fun and exciting rides ahead. Find a Slingshot group to meet and ride together. Try Florida Slingshot Cruisers on Facebook as an example.

·
Registered
10 Posts
SlingshotForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Polaris Slingshot.

Our goal is to be the premier Polaris Slingshot on the web!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
New member in Florida . Just bought a 2020 R Black and red !

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
@red rider welcome to our forum. Like you, I discovered the Slingshot for a choice from riding two wheels. You are headed for a real exciting adventure in riding. I would like to invite you to review my Threads for New Owners. I have a lot of video and Slingshot information that may be of help as you get up to speed of learning all about the Polaris Slingshot. Each Thread has a Content List at the beginning and are linked together. Enjoy your new Slingshot.

New Owners Slingshot Information

Sam Owens Media and Slingshot Information

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. Coming off of riding a Hayabusa that I've had new from 2003, haven't been riding in quite a long time, getting more risk adverse with age and found the Slingshot. Picked it up yesterday and drove it home on the freeway, the noise is FREAKING LOUD, even with ear plugs, is this normal or just a matter of getting used to it? The salesman recommended helmets with bluetooth communication but how's is that going to work if you have to wear hearing protection? Aside, from the noise, it's big, brassy, and over the top, but, I love it.

Attachments

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Welcome to the Slingshot, the angle drive is the source of most of you noise. All Slingshot owners find this to be one of the first things that does not sound right. well, we all have been where you are trying to get. A helmet and a Senca Intercom system will work to better insulate you from this annoying sound. Just get out and have fun!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sam, I appreciate the response, but, I was using a helmet and ear plugs. I'm just not clear on how the bluetooth communication and hearing protection go together in this circumstance. Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, new member in No CA, just bought a 2020 R Black and red as well. No longer feeling comfortable on two wheels, came across the slingshot, just what the doctor ordered.
Where in Nor Cal? I'm in the Eastbay looking for other SS riders near by

681 - 700 of 709 Posts