Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

641 - 660 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
As a person who has been riding motorcycles for 32+ years - and traded the last one in for a Slingshot - I will say... I have not had this much fun since I was a kid. Totally test drive one... take hard corners and see how it handles it.... best choice I made yet!

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Hello!!

I just registered a few minutes ago.
I'm looking for information about the Slingshot

I'm from Québec and I own a 2015 Canam Spyder ST-S (SE5) since ~1 year now. The wife and I love it!
But I'm more and more interested about the Slingshot and I'm wondering how much fun it would be to ride/drive (what should I say?) such a so good-looking machine
I won't get rid of the Spyder (my wife would kill me hahaha!!), but wouldn't it be nice to have the choice between these 2 amazing machines when it's time for a ride?!

I'm considering the purchase of a used (2015 or 2016) Slingshot, so I registered to get information about common issues, mods, law concerns, etc.

Oh, one more thing: my car is automatic, my Spyder is semi-automatic, so I'd love to drive a manual Slingshot, that will remind me the time I was driving manual cars... except I will have much more fun!!

I guess next step is to go to the dealer and try one
Warning DON"T let your wife drive the Slingshot --- you'll be riding 'Bitch' the rest of your days....she won't even let you touch the keys. I've never been on a Canam but the guys I know that have been on both vote 10 to one in favor of the Slingshot. Getting off of a Gold Wing (I loved) and on to the Slingshot great move. Welcome you'll love the Slingshot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello. I'm in central Florida and ride a Victory Vision, which I enjoy but Im thinking about buying a Slingshot. I intend to look at a 2016 with low miles but I want to know what the upgrades from 16 to 18 were and if its worth the difference in price... I will be towing a trailer with camping gear. The only drawback I could find on the web is the 2016s have a tendency to loose traction on the rear tire.... Any information before I buy will be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
683 Posts
They all loose traction when you apply enough power :)

The changes between 2016 - 2019 have all been cosmetic. Same engine, transmission and rear end. That is across all models, so you can buy a base and put whatever mods you want on it, or buy one of the higher models that come with some basic stuff.

The power to weight ratio on these is really good, 1750 pounds with about 150hp to the rear wheels. Adding a trailer with it's weight will help that of course.

You can safely take off pretty aggressively without spinning the wheels, just like in any performance vehicle. But sure, if you rev it up and drop the clutch, it's going to spin :)

Check the for sale section of the forums, always rides being posted there. Let us know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here , my guy and I purchased a 2018 slingshot sl with 42 miles, We love it. I get to drive it more then he does because of his work. I want to say that since having purchased it in May 2019, I’ve have a few questions and Customer Service from Polaris was amazing. They made me feel like my Slingshot was just as important as if it was theirs. Went on our first group ride yesterday, very disappointing but had a blast just riding and enjoying the sites. We are from Ky and WVa. Living out in the country in the hills. I be reading the forum everyday, so thank you for keeping it real

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
794 Posts
New here , my guy and I purchased a 2018 slingshot sl with 42 miles, We love it. I get to drive it more then he does because of his work. I want to say that since having purchased it in May 2019, I’ve have a few questions and Customer Service from Polaris was amazing. They made me feel like my Slingshot was just as important as if it was theirs. Went on our first group ride yesterday, very disappointing but had a blast just riding and enjoying the sites. We are from Ky and WVa. Living out in the country in the hills. I be reading the forum everyday, so thank you for keeping it real
Hello Juju510, welcome, you have selected the best fun machine out there. I want to introduce you to my Youtube Channel, Samowens 44. I have many video that will help you get up to speed with a lot of things that will help you understand and enjoy your Slingshot even more. Check out the video and playlist about our Slingshot. Here is the Link Sam Owens I have some inventive ideas that may be something of interest, like my seat belt storage hooks, remote seat back release system, and the best for us, the Sip and Ride Drink System. All on my youtube channel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have been using these forums using my wife's name, gina for a couple of weeks looking for info. to hook up battery posts under the hood of my 2016 Slingshot. I have been operating this SlingS. for a couple of years now. My name is Lou and I live in the small town of Lehighton in NE, PA.
I like driving my unit and to see how some people react when they see it pass by or stop near them. I was even asked because I am a veteran if I would drive it in this years Veterans day parade. I accepted and it went over quite well. To cold to drive now but must wait until spring. I was pleased I accidentally came across these forums and glad I did.
Parade 2.JPG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you get the info you needed to install the battery post!!? If not I will gladly help you out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh and thank you for your service!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi . purchased my husband a new slingshot in 2016 as a surprise...such a fun toy!!! but due to some health issues we only have 800 miles on it. this slingshot is load with all the bells and whistles... after much consideration we are putting it up for sale for anyone whos interested...for all the details contact me at [email protected].

·
Registered
2 Posts
New from Dayton TN. Not purchased yet but looking. I'm retired with the Wife retiring in a year. Motorcycle rider for years but looking for something different. Anyone else from Dayton willing to answer questions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you get the info you needed to install the battery post!!? If not I will gladly help you out.
Kbleguy, what I would like to know is, how long does the positive cable have to be to reach down to the positive connector on the starter from the plate I will install on the bracket holding the electronics on the top area of the hood compartments. Thanks. Lou P.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Kbleguy,
Can you give me details on placing the battery cables either under the hood or somewhere reachable to jump start the sling.
Thankz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kbleguy I have been asking for this information for quite awhile with no one responding to answer my question. Will the red Pos. 18 inch wire I purchased be long enough to reach from the battery post mounting plate I have that I will mount under the two bolts holding the fuse box just underneath the hood of my 2016 Slingshot down to the Positive bolt on the starter? I have the parts but it's just to cold to start installing this on my Slingshot. I plan on getting at this come the warmer weather? In a nutshell is my 18 inch long #4 wire long enough to reach from the battery posts plate down to the starter. If you can or anyone can this will let me know if I have to order a longer wire.
THANKS Lou

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kbleguy I have been asking for this information for quite awhile with no one responding to answer my question. Will the red Pos. 18 inch wire I purchased be long enough to reach from the battery post mounting plate I have that I will mount under the two bolts holding the fuse box just underneath the hood of my 2016 Slingshot down to the Positive bolt on the starter? I have the parts but it's just to cold to start installing this on my Slingshot. I plan on getting at this come the warmer weather? In a nutshell is my 18 inch long #4 wire long enough to reach from the battery posts plate down to the starter. If you can or anyone can this will let me know if I have to order a longer wire.
THANKS Lou
The proper name of the of the of the place I want to attach the battery post plate is under the ECU/PCM unit using the two bolts to hold my plate in place.
Lou

·
Registered
17 Posts
I will be home tomorrow about this time I will measure mine and let you know 100%. But it sounds about right. I will send a pic of mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kbleguy, Great thank you very much.
Louj
Kbleguy I hope you remember to get the information we discussed earlier. Snowing now , hard to have to wait for spring. I have a few items arriving today that I will be using on.my Slingshot when it warms up some
Lou

·
Registered
17 Posts
So mine is 22 inches but it's a bit longer than needed. It might be a bit hard to see as it is like a smoke color. Hope it helps
20200203_004841.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Louis. There is a second way to do it that is popular with some of the people in my group. This adapter would allow you to use a small portable booster pack and this also would be used for a battery tender. Obviously I have the other ..... sadly more expensive option but this will work very well. You could make your own "booster cable adapter " and any one could jumpstart you.
20200203_010048.jpg

641 - 660 of 666 Posts