Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

621 - 640 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the most helpful forum you will find! Everyone is welcomed as a friend. BUT a word of caution - you have embarked on the longest spending spree of your life. My wife refers to my sling as "Our Lady of the Perpetual Upgrade". It sure is fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the site, I have been following the slingshot for over 1 year. I was weighing whether to keep my 2011 spyder or trade for the slingshot. I took a test ride in the slingshot and the slingshot won. Purchased the 2018 as a Christmas present to me. I feel like a 70 yr old, going on 30. The ride is exciting. Tried a few mods also. My only downside is I cannot find a compatible slingshot alarm system. Any recommendations? I'm new to San Antonio (3yrs), I am still learning my way around. Also looking for group daytime rides in the San Antonio area. Or where do the seniors/military veterans meet.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Hello from sometimes sunny Pensacola, Fl. I purchased my 2016 Slingshot two weeks ago and stumbled across the Slingshot forum. I have wanted a Slingshot for a long time so I really excited to finally own one. I own a few fast toys but I really love the SS, I have a lot of reading to do, to learn all of the in's and out's of the platform. I look forward getting to know everyone.

-Dan
Check out a 'rally' site Homepage

Also want to Check out a new group

https://www.slingshotownersgroup.com/

Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" I would encourage lots of seat time before going to crazy with new 'MODS' The 'Rally' will give you the opportunity to see lots of different mods done to Slingshots. the Rally in Maggie Valley, NC will probably have close to 400 CRAZY Slingshot owners there.

I have done 73,000 miles since Feb 2015 in the seat and I am referred to as the ModLess ONE. Did change Windshields and added a rear fender..

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
New to the site, I have been following the slingshot for over 1 year. I was weighing whether to keep my 2011 spyder or trade for the slingshot. I took a test ride in the slingshot and the slingshot won. Purchased the 2018 as a Christmas present to me. I feel like a 70 yr old, going on 30. The ride is exciting. Tried a few mods also. My only downside is I cannot find a compatible slingshot alarm system. Any recommendations? I'm new to San Antonio (3yrs), I am still learning my way around. Also looking for group daytime rides in the San Antonio area. Or where do the seniors/military veterans meet.
I tell every one that I can subtract an hour of 'age' (just turned 75) for every mile I ride my Slingshot. Last week we in the Port Charlotte, FL area and I put over a 1,000 miles in the seat. Since Feb 2015 73,000+ miles. By the end of 2019 I hope to be a smartass teen.

Welcome.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hello from sometimes sunny Pensacola, Fl. I purchased my 2016 Slingshot two weeks ago and stumbled across the Slingshot forum. I have wanted a Slingshot for a long time so I really excited to finally own one. I own a few fast toys but I really love the SS, I have a lot of reading to do, to learn all of the in's and out's of the platform. I look forward getting to know everyone.

-Dan
Enjoy your new SS, there is a ton of info on this and other forums. Use the search feature to find out all things SS. Learn from other’s mistakes...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check out a 'rally' site Homepage

Also want to Check out a new group

https://www.slingshotownersgroup.com/

Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" I would encourage lots of seat time before going to crazy with new 'MODS' The 'Rally' will give you the opportunity to see lots of different mods done to Slingshots. the Rally in Maggie Valley, NC will probably have close to 400 CRAZY Slingshot owners there.

I have done 73,000 miles since Feb 2015 in the seat and I am referred to as the ModLess ONE. Did change Windshields and added a rear fender..
Ej thank you for the information I just signed up :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I tell every one that I can subtract an hour of 'age' (just turned 75) for every mile I ride my Slingshot. Last week we in the Port Charlotte, FL area and I put over a 1,000 miles in the seat. Since Feb 2015 73,000+ miles. By the end of 2019 I hope to be a smartass teen.

Welcome.
Dang, thats really good to know! Will have to start riding more because at 84 I need a lot of hours subtracted! :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Start thinking about the Maggie Valley rally in late May; lots of machines, lots of good vendors to empty your pockets.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
My game plan at this point is to come in on Monday and leave on Sunday --- 27 May to 2 Jun Will probably stay at Four Seasons Inn. I am going to send you a pm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am a 2017 Pearl Black SS owner. I was BLESSED to get mine before my 50th Birthday in June of 2018. I am enjoying it! I drove it from Columbus, Georgia last June to Myrtle Beach, S.C. I had a blast. Everytime I stop I ended up talking for about 45 mins. and people taking pics. I have about 7800 miles on it now. I have a few ideas and upgrades that I want to do to it. Overall I love my SS, I even drive it church with my suit on.
It's a GREAT eye catcher!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am a 2017 Pearl Black SS owner. I was BLESSED to get mine before my 50th Birthday in June of 2018. I am enjoying it! I drove it from Columbus, Georgia last June to Myrtle Beach, S.C. I had a blast. Everytime I stop I ended up talking for about 45 mins. and people taking pics. I have about 7800 miles on it now. I have a few ideas and upgrades that I want to do to it. Overall I love my SS, I even drive it church with my suit on.
Welcome @Duck357 Sounds like you are full on Slinging! Glad you joined us. :woot:

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Hello everyone,
Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity' Check out the rally in Maggie Valley May 2019 www.Slingshotroadsters.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Generation 2 slingshots. I heard they’re finally come out with a brand new slingshot coming this fall! New motor/paddle shift tranny. Plus the possibility of a turbo charged engine. Anyone else hear this. This came from my dealer. It’s about damn time! I heard they need to get rid of the old inventory of engines before they launch the new models. They’re saying October 2019. Stay posted.

·
Registered
612 Posts
We're always interested in new happenings in the wonderful world of Slingshot, but honestly, hearing it from a dealer that something might be happening 5 months from now doesn't get my pulse to racing just yet. Maybe later. For now, I'm enjoying what I have, so much that I don't spend much time worrying about what I don't have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone!
I just picked up my 2017 Slingshot SLR last Friday with 180 miles on it.
I have been riding motorcycles since I was 14 years old - so this was a radical move for me.
As I have been in this for 3 days now (still going through the 500 mile break-in) - it's definitely the most enjoyable ride I have been in yet :)
It's like a big go-kart !!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Welcome Shadrac! That's usually what I tell people when they ask me how it drives or if it's fun. It's my Adult Go-Kart that is street legal.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Another warm welcome, Shadrac! I use the same go cart explanation, but since I live near several large lakes, I sometimes call it a jet ski for the road. Excuse me, a "personal water craft, in which you sit side by side, and don't get drenched every time you drive it. (Sometimes, may...)"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello!!

I just registered a few minutes ago.
I'm looking for information about the Slingshot

I'm from Québec and I own a 2015 Canam Spyder ST-S (SE5) since ~1 year now. The wife and I love it!
But I'm more and more interested about the Slingshot and I'm wondering how much fun it would be to ride/drive (what should I say?) such a so good-looking machine
I won't get rid of the Spyder (my wife would kill me hahaha!!), but wouldn't it be nice to have the choice between these 2 amazing machines when it's time for a ride?!

I'm considering the purchase of a used (2015 or 2016) Slingshot, so I registered to get information about common issues, mods, law concerns, etc.

Oh, one more thing: my car is automatic, my Spyder is semi-automatic, so I'd love to drive a manual Slingshot, that will remind me the time I was driving manual cars... except I will have much more fun!!

I guess next step is to go to the dealer and try one

621 - 640 of 666 Posts