Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
41 - 60 of 720 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Howdy all. Been a H-D touring rider for the last 10 years, and I love tearing up twisty back roads in the open air. Been thinking about a new hobby vehicle, one I could take my young daughter along for the ride. Also looking something my very petite (5'0") wife could ride and relive her misspent open-wheel racing and autocrossing youth. Ran across the Slingshot the other day online, and I think we have a winner. Looks like it's exactly the confluence of open-air, power, performance, accessibility and coolness we've been looking for. Can't wait to hop in one!

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Welcome UC. This thing should be a blast to autox. I plan on so track time in mine and when I go out to Austin next summer for the inaugural TexASS CotA event (that is a very large hint 4Nines - get on this, you will sell more!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi All, I live in Northern Virginia and have had motorcycles much of my life. I sold the last one a few years ago and have substituted with a Jeep Wrangler and more recently a RZR 570 which is a really cool vehicle and my introduction to Polaris. I only discovered the slingshot a couple of days ago with an email from Coleman Powersports where I bought the RZR. Wow! I was just realizing how much innovation Polaris has done and then this. I have the MC license and the helmets and even kept my riding gear for rain and cold so this seems like a perfect fit. I've never been one to try and get the first of something site unseen except the ipad when those first came out and that worked out pretty well so I decided to go for this one and put a $500 deposit on one. It's all very exciting!!! I look forward to learning more about it on the forums here.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Welcome y'all! Just like the side by side RZR's did, I think the Slingshot will bring the same SXS seating excited to the street for a lot of families :)

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Welcome from a fellow NoVa member. Hopefully we can get some SS specific track days at VIR or Summit Point once there are a bunch of these on the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome from a fellow NoVa member. Hopefully we can get some SS specific track days at VIR or Summit Point once there are a bunch of these on the road.
Thanks Tango. I've never done a track with anything but a go kart. But it's a great idea so I'm game!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Saw the introduction video on yahoo. I put my downpayment on a gray w/windshield Aug, 5 (first in line) and sold my '06 Goldwing the next day! I am now grounded till the SS comes in. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC and ride year round. I was told I am too old for the SS, so that made me more determined to get one. I think it will be a great fun ride!

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Hello everybody! I'm Cameron. Got an SL reserved. I live between Richmond and Williamsburg in VA. Would love to ride with anyone in the area. I currently ride a Royal Star 1700. It's probably going to go away after the SS arrives. Two weeks ago the dreaded arthritis diagnosis was dropped on me. Uprights are difficult to stop and maneuver now. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi! I'm a mechanical engineer in the Houston area. Years ago, I worked for an automotive supplier that provided parts to Polaris. I visited them about some potential designs and they were developing what is now the Slingshot. The concept struck me as the perfect, elemental vehicle. After I left the company, I always wondered what happened to the vehicle. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I came across a news article on it. I've been digging ever since. I even just purchased a new (to me) cheaper vehicle so that I can be done with payments sooner. Hopefully, I can get it paid off in time to buy a 2016 Slingshot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, y'all and greetings from west NC, home of the Tail of the Dragon.
Just learned about the SS the other day....spouse & self used to ride 2 wheels long ago & far away in northern CA. Thought she might tolerate a look @ the intro video...

"I want the red one."
"It costs more."
"Why?"
"Nicer wheels, the 'media center."
(Pause) "Why would you want a radio in it? Seems pointless..."

Good point...we'll see where this goes...*G*

·
Registered
639 Posts
NDV (No Debt Vette) here and as the name implies, I don't go into hock for my toys. With that said, on July 27th I crunched some numbers and put a deposit down on a base SS 8/2.

I have a couple other toys...

AutoX and general torque chicanery. Currently in a build but driving status.

Slow and steady rock crawler built for the likes of MOAB, Disney OK, and whatnot.

Another 3 jeeps in various states of molestation as well. 1 other wrangler, cherokee and a grand cherokee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SlingshotForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Polaris Slingshot.

Our goal is to be the premier Polaris Slingshot on the web!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SlingshotForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Polaris Slingshot.

Our goal is to be the premier Polaris Slingshot on the web!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Saw the introduction video on yahoo. I put my downpayment on a gray w/windshield Aug, 5 (first in line) and sold my '06 Goldwing the next day! I am now grounded till the SS comes in. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC and ride year round. I was told I am too old for the SS, so that made me more determined to get one. I think it will be a great fun ride!
Too old?
Your never too old!
In fact Polaris should advertise the Slingshot as a cure for ED, because as soon as you get in it and crank it up, your gonna get a stiffie, :rolleyes: LOL

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hi guys! I am from Québec, Canada and very curious about the SS!! More i looking pictures and Video more the interest grow up!!! lol. To make the 3 strikes, only the SS was missing because i have own a Spyder in summer 2010 and 2011 and after i own a T-Rex in 2012 and 2013 then i just need the SS to complete the strikes!!
This forum it's a lot of good information and happy to join you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey SS fans. I was browsing the dealership last week to get back into the Sport touring game. Over the last 10 years, I went through a Blackbird XX (wish I had it back), and FJR then Goldwing. Was about to pull the trigger on a Concours 14 when the dealer mentioned the Slingshot. As soon as I saw the pics, I put a deposit down. I'm fist in line for an SL.

I'm in Middle TN and will be heading to the Tail of the Dragon when it gets here! Hwy 129 anyone? The wait begins!

Keep the great info coming!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all "early adopters". Joe 7 Brothers in Phila. PA. I have a deposit (4th cash dep @ my dealer); dealer says look for slingshots late Sept/early Oct. Current rides are a toyed with 2000 Silverado and a 2006 XL1200R Sportster; used to have a Matchless back in the day, along with various other Brit/Italian bikes. Did the muscle car thing when premium was 37.9 CENTS, in other words when they were new - SS Camaros, big block SS Malibus, Corvettes. Riding two wheels for over 40 years, maybe it's time to grow up!

41 - 60 of 720 Posts