Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 720 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm Joe, a middle aged, happily married man with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. At the age of 13, a Zoroastrian named Wilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing quite like a shorn scrotum, I suggest you try it.

I've ridden bikes for many many years as an all-year rider here in AZ. I can't ride anymore due to injury. My last fun vehicle was a 2005 Lotus Elise in Starlight Black (scientifically proven the fastest color) over red leather seats. It was a joy to drive, and I thought I'd never part with it... until the economic crash in 2008.

I sold the Elise to put the wife through college, and it turned out to be a wonderful investment.

I'm in school now, full time, for my second go at a career. I want to be a PA when I grow up. This is my first attempt at going to college. As I'm sure you know, school kicks your ass. It's nice to jump onto a bike or into a convertible and blow off some steam at the end of a day, even if it's simply commuting with the wind in your hair. I have 2 years of commuting long distance downtown to get my bachelor's and then off to grad school.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I think you're going to fit right in here Joe!

The Elise is a nice car and I agree that black is indeed the fastest color :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks 4Nines... Let's cross our fingers for a black Slingshot as well, so as to maintain the speed advantage over the other inferior colors.

I told the wife about it and made her watch the video, and she said, "That looks like ME after we test drove the Lotus!" Yes dear, yes it does.

So, if it is reasonably priced as a bike, say under $20K, and has a semi normal drivetrain that can be easily maintained, then I'm down.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
A lot of it is going to boil down to price. Building anything decent these days that has a price point of under $20k is pretty tough to do. Especially when your closest competition is about twice that price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bob! Things are pretty quiet around here right now but the party should start soon!
Welcome to the forum Bob! Things are pretty quiet around here right now but the party should start soon!
Hi to all you SLINGSHOTS
I am the new Member Slingshot want to be. trikerbob
I am happy to find out about a forum that DISCUSSES a not REAL Slingshot till TOMORROW JULY 27th.
P.S. I have been doing the same, talking about the Slingshot myself, even though I know nothing about it till I landed on this FORUM. I now own a Harley FLHXXX trike ( See Pictures I posted ). I am down in the dumps now because I might give up my Harley for the Slingshot.
Well a BIG HI to all you SLINGSHOTS.

Good Day
trikerbob

·
Registered
95 Posts
About two weeks late for me... but Hello! To my other S-Shot brothers and sisters!

Less than 24 hours until the "launch".

·
Registered
510 Posts
Welcome aboard TrikerBob. We should know alot more about the slingshot by this time tomorrow night.

Hi to all you SLINGSHOTS
I am the new Member Slingshot want to be. trikerbob
I am happy to find out about a forum that DISCUSSES a not REAL Slingshot till TOMORROW JULY 27th.
P.S. I have been doing the same, talking about the Slingshot myself, even though I know nothing about it till I landed on this FORUM. I now own a Harley FLHXXX trike ( See Pictures I posted ). I am down in the dumps now because I might give up my Harley for the Slingshot.
Well a BIG HI to all you SLINGSHOTS.

Good Day
trikerbob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

My name is Dylan McNeil I am a powersports junkie and General Mgr of ProFlowMotorsports in Laurel, Ms (Polairs and Kawasaki) dealership. I enjoy dragracing and roadracing cars....... Can't wait to see the Slingshot......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the madness trikerbob! The clock is ticking and I'm sure we will have a ton of info for you by the end of the night :)
( Hi ) to all you want to be Slingshot OWNERS

I am a new member know as trikerbob. I own a 2010 Harley Davidson Street Glide Trike ( click on that HOLLYWOOD STAR standing next to the Trike ) to see pictures. Short story about me. At the age of 62, I took the State of Connecticut Riders Course and passed, for my Motorcycle Endorsement. All my life I wanted a Motorcycle BUT the Wife and Family said NO. I had TWO Major STROKES, I could not walk or talk, Doctors said I will NEVER DRIVE anymore. I spent a lot of time in my workshop and did my own THEROPY and to EVERYONE's surprise I recovered. I said to myself the HECK of what EVERYBODY THINKS I went on my own to the Rider Endorsement Class. I purchased a Honda Shadow, but I had a hard time to hold it up, 2- total knee replacements ( Electrical Construction ), so like everything in my life I buy HIGH & sell LOW. So I purchased a 2008 Can-Am Spyder and rode with my Harley Friends in which they did not care for I did not fit in ( Harley Guy's ). So in 2010 Harley came out with the FLHXXX Street Glide Trike ( NO HIGH SEAT that the Tri-Glide has ) and purchased it, buy HIGH & sell LOW again on the Can-Am. Now I am a HARLEY GUY I fit in now.
But wait the SLINGSHOT!!!!!!!

Good Day
trikerbob

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member from wild, wonderful, WV! Cannot wait to take a test drive! Gotta get rid of my Chinese joke of a bike! Lost my ride on hubby's Harley when he got a new show bike.

Slingshot looks like the answer toy dreams...part bike/part RZR!!! Woohoo! Polaris rocks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oops! Looks like I missed this thread when I joined.

I live and work in Rocky Mount, NC, which is about 50 minutes east of Raleigh on US 64 or 2 1/2 hours west of the Atlantic. I am originally from the Columbus, IN area. This would be my first motorcycle since I had a Kawasaki KZ400 in my late teens. I used to be very active in the Lowrider Mini Truck scene in the late 80's to early 90's. I've had several VW Bugs (all air cooled) and a 1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I missed this one too (only 190 posts in! :bag: ) I am in Northern Virginia. Never owned a motorcycle but rode a few. Have a 2012 GT500, 2014 Ford Raptor, and 2004 Jeep wrangler. The Slingshot will be the mod toy and hoping to track it at some lovely venues is Virginia/WV. Can't wait to start powering it up and slimming it down. :woot:

·
Registered
127 Posts
North Mississippi here. I have a 2013 Ford Raptor, 2007 Ford F250, 2013 John Deere RSX850i Gator, 2012 Polaris RZR 900XP. I have owned several other Polaris products in the past. I hope to add a slingshot by first of next year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all Slingshot enthusiasts!!!
I first saw the Slingshot on Youtube as i was surfing on the Gopro channel. It had come up as a recommended video. It was love at first site.
Watching as the driver spun the Slingshot, did burnouts, chipping the tires in 3rd, with traction control on! I was in awe, had goose bumps all over. I said to myself Im getting this for myself next birthday

I cant wait to get mine!!

I currently have a Toyota Corolla automatic :banghead: :facepalm: and i hate it. I owned a 99Jeep XJ that bit the dust. im looking to mod the Slingshot a bit just to have some fun.
I have not owned a standard but am very eager to have one

21 - 40 of 720 Posts