Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SlingshotForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Polaris Slingshot.

Our goal is to be the premier Polaris Slingshot on the web!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got wind of the Polaris Slingshot on the Spyderlovers forum. I have owned two Spyders: the 610 th one built and now I own the 104th one built. I am always interested in new modes of transportation especially three wheelers. I had money down on an Aptera but that never amounted to anything. I am watching the Elio but that is likely not going to make it either. I would buy a new Morgan 3 wheeler except the price point is off the charts and it uses an air cooled Harley motor.

So maybe Polaris can get in the game and give BRP some competition. While BRP had a fine design with the original Spyder they lost their way when it came to a dealer network to handle an over the road vehicle. I expect Polaris to have similar difficulties since this will be their first venture into over-the-road vehicles. Trust me that you don't want the guy who takes care of your snow mobile working on a daily driver.

So with 60,000 mile so n a Spyder I am ready for a new adventure on a Slingshot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own the ranger and the RZR. I would go work for polaris R&D if I did not have such deep roots. Maybe with the launch of a road vehicle, opportunities will get closer to home.
Anyway, with the slingshot teasers, they have my interest piqued - in a big way.
I am ready to start listing the options I want. I hope they can make some sort of convertible top (even if it is just a temporary deal like a snap-on piece of vinyl) to get you in during popup storms. Maybe a cab for winter driving (assuming FWD) ???
Oh BTW, I just dropped a good wad of $$ from the 401K account into Polaris Ind. stock (PII). I think it will go up a ways when this vehicle is on all the news channels in a few weeks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey everybody, I just got an e-mail today from Polaris, and I couldn't believe what I was (not) seeing!
Certainly has my interest peaked, as all things small and affordable have caught my eye in recent years . . . the Fiat 500 Abarth, the Elio, the Honda Grom, etc.
I'll be checking progress on the Slingshot for sure. Not sure if I'll ever pull the trigger on one or more of these toys, but it's fun to think about it.
My current toys are a 2005 Polaris Predator 500 TLE, a 1998 triple black Vette., and an Xtreme CR107 Pitbike (death trap!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heard about the Slingshot a little while ago. Thought I'd join the forum and catch up on all the buzz. Can't wait to see the version that will be released to the piblic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
can miss it.. moving up to Missouri and about to buy a spider for the wife.... guess not!

she is going to kill me once I tell her

they took the idea from your car.... time to polaris paid you jjjjjjjjj

1 - 20 of 646 Posts