Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts

Welcome to SlingshotForums.com, the first and largest Polaris Slingshot Forum on the net. SlingshotForums.com is a community dedicated to the upcoming / rumored Polaris three wheel road vehicle. Our goal is to be a friendly community comprised of Slingshot owners and enthusiasts. To participate fully in the site all you need to do is register, it's quick and free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Luke from MN, 2001 Ducati Monster S4, '12 Victory Cross Country, '06 Silverado, '01 yamaha sxr, '72 Chevy C10, love to add this little hot rod!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Welcome Luke! I like the toys in your stable. I'm looking to add a Ducati and an old Apache or C10 to mine as well. This Slingshot sure is exciting for guys that like new thrills.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mick from NY and VA, owned a couple of miatas, porsche (75), I am looking for the ultimate fun to go along with my 08 BMW 335i coupe.

I was going to buy the new mx 5 nd next year, then I saw the slingshot online.

I am super excited and have lots of questions.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Welcome Mick! I think the Slingshot could be the perfect vehicle to go with your BMW. We should now a bit more tomorrow as Polaris is releasing another teaser video.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just signed up, I have a 2013 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide Custom 110 Anniversary, 2008 Polaris Ranger XP Camo, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4, 2005 Bayhauler 29H Toyhauler. Retired from General Motors here in Oklahoma City, worked in Paint 27 years till they closed the plant took an early out, retired in 2009. I just looked up the Patent, says the engine is GM 2.4L Ecotec LE5 (P/N 12619532), the transmission Aisin AR5 MA5 (P/N 24240205), I Google Slingshot there are several images. I looks like it's going to be shaft drive from the engine to a transfer case at the swing arm then it's belt drive to the wheel.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html&r=40&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=polaris&OS=polaris&RS=polaris

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Figured I would add my info to:

I live on the coast in Northern California and currently own a 2009 Toyota Tacoma Dbl cab long bed 4x4, a 2012 Vw Jetta Sportwagen Tdi manual, a 1995 Honda Civic Hatchback race car with a built turbo motor, a 63 Chevrolet SS Impala Wagon, 2 2011 Polaris Rzr Xp900's, a few Honda Xr50's and a gokart for the kids.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome NorCalRider, nice collection of vehicles! How did you hear about the Slingshot?
Thank you. I received a few emails from Polaris, but I think I read something about it first on one of the Rzr forums. I'm always looking on forums for the latest and greatest. Kind of a motor sports and tech junky. I love racing, going fast and high corner speeds on anything with wheels, on the water, in the dirt or on the snow. It drives my wife nuts, but nothing beats the adrenalin rush.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Good afternoon. I have a few questions please. First will Polaris provide additional storage capacity, for example saddlebags etc. for taking overnight trips? Also, will electronic cruise control be available for the highway miles? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Hi Robert! We haven't seen any additional accessories from Polaris at this time. The storage compartments behind each seat are decent sized and can handle a packed medium sized backpack and a helmet. The glovebox is also oversized and can handle larger objects then a standard sized truck glovebox. I think we will see some storage solutions and possibly saddlebags from aftermarket suppliers once they get their hands on the Slingshot.

Cruise control is available standard and it works like it's supposed to :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All!,
Greetings from North Carolina!
Wednesday I saw the Slingshot ad on a website and clicked it. First time I've heard about it. I guess that's when the press release date was as several publications are carrying stories and ride reports.

I've been riding motorcycles for 35 years and currently own a '12 DL650Adv and an '07 Harley Davidson Streetbob. I do several motorcycle trips each year and my wife won't go with me. I'm hoping the Slingshot will be "ours" and maybe she'll even get her motorcycle endorsement.

I've been in contact with Jeff at Sport Cycles in Rockingham, NC and he's has several on order expected in October. I had to point him to the website when I referenced "special internet pricing" as he had no idea what I was talking about.

So guys..... any idea where and when I can get a test ride? Soon, I hope.

Keith

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Welcome Kbetts! There won't be any in dealerships until late September/early Oct. depending on who you talk to.

Fortunately you have found a great forum with LOTs of info so kick back, dig in and count down the days with us. 4Nines and Dascrow run a great operation here so I am sure you will be entertained.

areyounotentertained.jpg

·
Registered
776 Posts
Slink,
From NC. Been ridding motorcycles most of my life, and I still love my bikes. Just looking for somthing the Wife and I can take out for a weekend trip, and have some fun. She can ride on my bike and thats fun, but the side by side ride just takes it to another level!!!!!! Think about it, you take someone for a ride in your car and they ride in the back seat behind you. You take the same ride with them in the front seat beside you. Thats what Im after!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY WANT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 204 Posts