Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to store SS under a carport next to my old shed where I normally park my car; want to bring car in to garage for winter. Mice frequent the shed and area despite generous applications of Tomcat mouse killer. Will use a full cover for SS and am thinking of putting Moth Ball Packets under seats, storage compartments, and glove box. Battery will be on a Tender.

Any other ideas or methods to prevent mice from damaging vehicle?

Welcome to the Grey Bar Bed and Breakfast.
Those Bounce Dryer sheets have been used to deter mice, but will not kill them. Some folks put them in the end of their exhaust pipes to keep them from crawling up inside. 馃槑

Registered
I put dryer sheets all around and under mine, after I had some minor mouse damage the first year. No problems the last 2 years. But mine is garaged, might be a little harder outside.

Registered
I had mice and chipmunk problems. I cut up a bar of Irish Spring soap and place them all around the bike. No more rodents! My SS rests in a open carport. Dont forget to remove them in the spring!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Good suggestions and very doable. I have the mothballs and dryer sheets on hand. Will pick up some Irish Spring as well. Volly37, where did you put the soap chips?

Registered
Good suggestions and very doable. I have the mothballs and dryer sheets on hand. Will pick up some Irish Spring as well. Volly37, where did you put the soap chips?

[/I cut a whole bar into 5 pieces and placed them all over. Under hood I placed a entire bar especially near the electrical components near the windshield. Another piece I placed where I remove my battery for winter. The rest was in the footwells and the storage compartments behind seat. I used a total of 10 pieces and you have to remember to remove all 10 when spring comes.

Registered
Offer the mice a better treat outside of the Slingshot.
Use RV antifreeze instead of water so it doesn't freeze. Empty as needed.

Block both exhaust and intake.

I have had campers for decades. Have tried mothballs, dryer sheets, Irish Spring, all with varied results.
Fine steel wool is another option for keeping out of exhaust, intake and anywhere else there is a hole just inviting them to make a winter home. Just remember to remove before you start in the spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts