Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on Washington SS riders.......get over to my Facebook group...Spring and Summer is coming

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Do you have any get togethers or cruises.
The best way to be made aware of upcoming get togethers and rides is to subscribe to the 2 local facebook groups. I know a lot of people are anti-facebook, but you can make an account with a fake name and attach it to an email address that you make just for this purpose. That way you don't have to deal with all the social media BS if you don't want too. That's what I did. It keeps your private info private.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'd love to join up with other local, or semi-local riders but I'm not going to twit-face. Nothing to do with privacy, just no time or interest. The Slingshot forums is my first and only foray into social media, so please post up any and all Washington/Oregon group rides and/or meets here and I'll join those that I am able to.

It looks like most of you are from the Seattle/Tacoma area and points north. I'm the sole SW Washington rider on the forum map and I've only seen one other Slingshot in the Vancouver area, the 4th largest city in the state. It's tough to get excited about a club of one, even if I'm the president!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
We'll keep our eyes open here in case some of you decide on a trip sneaking down here into Oregon, probably a coastal 101 ride?

Bill

·
Registered
989 Posts
That would make a great long weekend ride! I was there 2 years ago with my wife (in a car) and wished the whole time that I had a slingshot after first stopping in at a dealer and seeing one.

·
Registered
989 Posts
A bit more than a long weekend ride for anyone living up north I would think, what is the distance there?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Close to 400 miles. I wasn't really suggesting riding the whole thing, just noting that it's all scenic...and I'm dreaming, sitting here watching it snow today!

Leavenworth is a great destination!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Close to 400 miles. I wasn't really suggesting riding the whole thing, just noting that it's all scenic...and I'm dreaming, sitting here watching it snow today!

Leavenworth is a great destination!
Yes indeed. Also, If you have never been to Dry Falls. Really cool. Like a mini grand canyon right here in Washington.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I agree, I travel to Leavenworth and Winthrop every year by my self. Let's see if we can get more local riders and we can start planning trips..

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
We're going to be heading for Bandon on the Oregon coast over the weekend of April 7 and will be taking the Grasshopper, weather permitting.

Bill and Justina

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
We're going to be heading for Bandon on the Oregon coast over the weekend of April 7 and will be taking the Grasshopper, weather permitting.

Bill and Justina
Again, weather permitting, we're thinking of riding up the coast on Sunday, April 8, to check out the aquarium at Newport....................

Bill

1 - 20 of 33 Posts