Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has maybe been addressed, but I was curious if you guys have any insight. I'm adding cold air intake and exhaust to my SS, does it affect my warranty? If not, what mods would? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Nope.

But remember, the success of warranty claims really depends on your dealerships desire to help you.

I have very little stock items left on my SS and my dealership still helps me with appropriate warranty issues. I don't abuse the system, and they help.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
62 Posts
As you will see there are differing opinions relating to your question here. Strictly speaking if you carefully read the owners manual relating to warranty coverage you will note where the factory leaves itself huge leeway in what can be determined as "warranty covered" based upon what alterations have been made to any SS. There are members here with issues relating to denial of coverage based upon mods totally unrelated to their problem. On the other hand, as already noted, others have seen their dealers go to bat for them in order to have issues cared for. Best bet is to have a serious heart to heart with your dealer PRIOR to any but the most superficial of mods and get a good feeling about where you stand. Now having said all that, I have a CAI, shock upgrade and am preparing to add a 1320 header plus exhaust to mine and I take it in for all of the services/recalls to a dealer that was not the original seller but whom I already knew well enough to trust ( bought mine used from a private owner). Good luck!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I've recently took mine in for some warranty work. Was showing some pics of the 4 wheel conversion, supercharger, you know all the new stuff coming out. They only have one mechanic that works on slings. He is always really honest and up front. He always is excited to see what I've installed new when I swing by for whatever. He told me that when they file any warrantee claim the first thing Polaris ask is does this vehicle have any aftermarket parts on it. Now my dealer looks for problems not aftermarket. If you have a good dealer they will diagnose the problem. And the fact that you changed your intake shouldn't affect if your head light relay is covered. Bottom line your dealer can make or break your claim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.