Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just like all of you the waiting is well you know...... Anyways I am #3 at my dealer so now with only 2 units coming I have no idea when I will get mine. Normally I don't care but I have so many parts in R&D and even in prototyping that are stalled as we need an actual SS to test fit and finish the product.

So if anyone in the northern states is #1 and when it arrives and you won't be driving it I am offering you free parts if we can use your SS for prototyping. Lend us your SS and we will install and give you the parts we manufacture free of charge. This is for the header, exhaust kits, etc... For the turbo kit it will be for only raw material costs at our cost and again free install and tuning. On exhaust, and header we would need your SS for about a month or two. Turbo kit about 2-3 months.

We are located in WI right by the Mn border of Minneapolis. We can transport to and from in a enclosed trailer or if your further away pay for enclosed shipping to and from.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Its all about time. Canada is fine but I think I will have mine before you. Plus you need yours to make the body kit and then I can do the exhaust!
Mine I'll be sitting in it for 10 minutes and then it's going into the shop.
I was actually referring to someone else.....I could ask around if you wish, just in case you won't get yours before

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How long do you want it? I might drive up and fly back to Texas.
Can't give you a exact in and out time. But for the exhaust and header month or two. Turbo kit two-three months. Even when I get mine i wouldn't mind having one or two more in the shop so we can work on multiple items. Lower Skid plate is also one of the items that will take some time because of the design we are doing.

All parts are computer modeled so it takes a little more time but its worth the wait as the fit and finish is amazing! Wait till you see just the flange for the header its a work of art!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine I'll be sitting in it for 10 minutes and then it's going into the shop.
I was actually referring to someone else.....I could ask around if you wish, just in case you won't get yours before
Sure thats fine. I'll have to check on shipping too since your in Canada. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Sure thats fine. I'll have to check on shipping too since your in Canada. Thanks!
Because we have a law over here; we are not allowed to put the machine on the road before the end of March, and it's very rare that someone will take the machine out before the beginning of April

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because we have a law over here; we are not allowed to put the machine on the road before the end of March, and it's very rare that someone will take the machine out before the beginning of April
Wow that's a crazy law! I would feel better if its someone that's in a state that has snow so if their is a delay you're not loosing any ride time.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Turbo, I might take you up on it, if I ever get it. I'm #1 and was told sometime in 1st week of Nov. But we've all heard that. My only concern with any turbo kit is if it would put too much stress on internal parts of the engine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts