Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past weekend, three of the better know slingshot Racers went to Ocala to test and tune our slingShots legally and to actually see how fast a Slingshot can run. If you go to FB and some of the other forums, you can get more details on how we did, but here are a few links to videos and some pictures. This is a great event and it comes to Dallas Texas next , then back to Florida in October. dave@ddm.JPG robert.JPG me.JPG

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st two runs.jpg next two runs.jpg last two runs of the day.jpg These were my time slips for the day, I only ran on Saturday, The white slingshot ran both Saturday & Sunday. The fastest we got in the three slings was 130+mph in the 1/2 mile, the fastest in the 1/4 mile was the white slingshot at 112.5+mph. This event is not a drag race, so there is no red light, there were no 60ft times and the whole event was very laid back and meant to just be a display of speed at a local private runway, and we were by far some of the slowest vehicles there. There were vehicles that went a s slow as 100mph to as fast as 217mph. There were Lambos, Porsches, McLarens, Ariel Atoms, homemade cars, full blown race cars, Rolls Royce Convertibles, Motorcycles and yes.... Teslas as well. Lots of fun had by ALL.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

this is one from my gopro, I don't think it really gets going until about the 7:49 mark, I'm sorry @Samowens44 .... I know I need to learn how to edit these suckers.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope that maybe this will get some of the folks who keep posting that they are running 115, 120, 130+mph in their Stock SlingShots to realize that these there Slings are pushing at least Double , (that's 2X), the HP your stock SlingShot makes, on special Drag Radials, with race shocks, special tunes and in some cases, several body panels removed and even Seat cushions to get as Aerodynamic as possible to get to 130+mph in a 1/2 mile, from a standing start!

So... there is no way in HECK that a Stock Slingshot can go more than about 115mph!. I know, I know..... you have had yours to over 140mph!, and I'm full of B.S.!

No problem..... if you think I'm wrong, I got $500 bucks that I'll give to anybody that can take a STOCK slingshot... not boosted, not modified, not tricked out in any aerodynamic way, and have a documented speed of over 130mph, (not on a dyno or jack stands, driven on a track or street), they can have my $500 bucks!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Luck! Don't Die! As and they say on Street Outlaws.... "just because we do this stupid SH***T, means that you can too! Don't try this at Home"!:);)o_O

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
755 Posts

this is one from my gopro, I don't think it really gets going until about the 7:49 mark, I'm sorry @Samowens44 .... I know I need to learn how to edit these suckers.
Great look at your powerhouse "Honda Engine" delivering the winning run! Congradulations Stickerdick, you have worked hard to get to this point. A long video is worth it.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Sam... i feel privileged that you took the time to even look at my video... I wish I could learn your editing skills! You are the man when it comes to videos... And I'm not joking... I truly mean that!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm amazed at how great this Honda motor is doing... yes... it is a little weak in the rings area... it has oil blow-by and I'm having to run three catch cans in my venting system for the crankcase to keep from dumping oil on the road or track, but the lil sucker is refusing to blow! I have to admit, it's a great motor and I cannot wait to see where it will take me next. I'm not gonna pull it till it does the "kaboom dance"!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts