Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the middle of this year, some of us have been waiting patiently, with Polaris changing and moving shipping dates. I am at the breaking point where other dealers are having their new car releases already. For $10k more from the sl model you can( buy it now) new mustang GT 5.0. All redesigned. Car re-End looks like a porche.
Chevy, camaro 2016 same price almost release too. New z06 you can place a deposit and get a VIN with ur order.
Please ,please polaris hurry, dont let me change my mind and you can have my business.

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
Since the middle of this year, some of us have been waiting patiently, with Polaris changing and moving shipping dates. I am at the breaking point where other dealers are having their new car releases already. For $10k more from the sl model you can( buy it now) new mustang GT 5.0. All redesigned. Car re-End looks like a porche.
Chevy, camaro 2016 same price almost release too. New z06 you can place a deposit and get a VIN with ur order.
Please ,please polaris hurry, dont let me change my mind and you can have my business.
Apples and oranges. I want my butt to be out in the open air and 5" above the asphalt. Anybody can be in a car.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Don't think by going to another hot vehicle that you won't have waiting problems...

The 2015 Mustang has already been recalled:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/bringing-pony-back-2015-ford-mustang-recalled/

This is a great line from the article:
"So if you’re one of the very first people in North America to get your hands on Ford’s new pony car, go ahead and curb your gloating—for the few hours it takes to repair your car, you’ll be Mustangless just like the rest of us schmucks."

·
Registered
438 Posts
for the few hours it takes to repair your car, you’ll be Mustangless just like the rest of us schmucks."
A few hours versus a few weeks / MONTHS??????
Doesn't sound so bad. At least you can stand there and SEE your mustang while it is getting fixed.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
True, but they had to wait over 5 months after the order banks were open before they started rolling off the assembly lline. We are still a couple months ahead of the curve. :D

I am not sure which would be worse. Knowing that my SS needs to get fixed or watching it get fixed. Would be tragic either way and hopefully nothing any of us have to deal with. Fingers are officially crossed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The mustang GT is a cool vehicle and faster in a straight line but its no SS. The GT is a touring car meant to pedal mash in value comfort. The SS is meant to have an open winded go cart style experience. I personally swap out my current ride for a used mustang in a few years because resale is horrific on mustangs and who wouldnt love having to choose between two sporty vehicles to drive.

In regards to ride height these vehicles are actually very close. I believe they are only 3" apart so the SS is not particularly lower by a wide margin.

·
Registered
382 Posts
While I realize many of the Mustang enthusiasts hate the new shape I personally think it looks great. That car should be a lot of fun.
I totally agree, I like it, it looks like an Aston Martin..... That said - it is a GREAT car but it is not a down and out pure fun machine like the SS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts