Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the numbering and meanings of the VIN numbers of the SS?

Assume there is a manufactures id, model, date and place and actual sequence number of production similar to cars and motorcycles.

Is anything published or shown in the owners manual?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have the numbering and meanings of the VIN numbers of the SS?

Assume there is a manufactures id, model, date and place and actual sequence number of production similar to cars and motorcycles.

Is anything published or shown in the owners manual?

I am not sure some people understand my question?

I am trying to find out the format and meaning of the different letters and numbers that make up the VIN of a Slingshot.

I own a corvette and the VIN tells me the manufacture, location manufactured, date of manufacture,engine option/equip and the sequence number of production. Most other vehicles since the early 70's have this.

Does anyone know what the format and the values are for the the VIN is for the Slingshot?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I am not sure some people understand my question?

I am trying to find out the format and meaning of the different letters and numbers that make up the VIN of a Slingshot.

I own a corvette and the VIN tells me the manufacture, location manufactured, date of manufacture,engine option/equip and the sequence number of production. Most other vehicles since the early 70's have this.

Does anyone know what the format and the values are for the the VIN is for the Slingshot?
Ask Kip or Chris they might have an answer for you

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KIP, Thanks for checking!

Okierider, thanks for the site about the VIN make up... good info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts