Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
How can they say it is coming to the dealerships "Nationwide"?

Indiana, Maryland, Texas are not getting them.... Are they?

At least Texas got a letter from Polaris explaining the delay. Indiana was one of the first ones with preapproval and yet has a problem. Now it's 14 November and boy, I was hoping to hear something good today. But no!

I still am happy for everyone who's getting their SS and I just wish I could join you!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Interesting video, seemingly independent, non dealer review. He says the brakes are a little spongy and says the gears are a little hard to throw but likes that. I wish the mags had a chance to review it as I'm still slightly up in the air whether I'm going to buy this thing or not.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Video: "Spongy" brakes and slightly rough shifter??
A problem with the investment advisor or a bit of early production issues? I think the former as the tranny is well used in other applications and I don't buy his "spongy" brakes. But now we will find out as we get our hands on the SS.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How can they say it is coming to the dealerships "Nationwide"?

Indiana, Maryland, Texas are not getting them.... Are they?

At least Texas got a letter from Polaris explaining the delay. Indiana was one of the first ones with preapproval and yet has a problem. Now it's 14 November and boy, I was hoping to hear something good today. But no!

Was told today that a team of Polaris folks was in Texas doing all they can to get this thing going in Texas, also said it would be fixed very soon.:)

I still am happy for everyone who's getting their SS and I just wish I could join you!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Interesting video, seemingly independent, non dealer review. He says the brakes are a little spongy and says the gears are a little hard to throw but likes that. I wish the mags had a chance to review it as I'm still slightly up in the air whether I'm going to buy this thing or not.
Has anyone here shifted through the gears on the SS? Real short throws, like a knife through butter. I'll hereby debate that point now.

*cough*weakargument*cough*

·
Registered
202 Posts
Has anyone here shifted through the gears on the SS? Real short throws, like a knife through butter. I'll hereby debate that point now.

*cough*weakargument*cough*
This forum is getting too big to keep track of all the articles and where they are but I remember reading that the short shift pattern was very smooth, and the stopping distance from about 60 mph was very quick due to the three wheel disk brakes. No mention of spongy brakes.
I have not had the opportunity to drive one yet and now I won't until May but I look forward to our southern friends to put all these questions to bed once and for all.
I wish all of you the best with these new models and I hope they exceed everyone's expectations and I will probably be silent for the most part for the winter but I will keep checking in on those that get to ride this winter.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This forum is getting too big to keep track of all the articles and where they are but I remember reading that the short shift pattern was very smooth, and the stopping distance from about 60 mph was very quick due to the three wheel disk brakes. No mention of spongy brakes.
I have not had the opportunity to drive one yet and now I won't until May but I look forward to our southern friends to put all these questions to bed once and for all.
I wish all of you the best with these new models and I hope they exceed everyone's expectations and I will probably be silent for the most part for the winter but I will keep checking in on those that get to ride this winter.
most of us will be able to give it our own reviews very soon

·
Registered
557 Posts
Folks: I hope the info I have is incorrect but I heard it from a reliable source. I hope dealers can elaborate on this info. I have heard that many dealerships will not be receiving their SS's until January. It was made known to me that Polaris has classified dealers into 2 tiers. Tier 1 dealers are getting products now (appears to NLT 26 Nov) and tier 2 in January. The tier system is based on the date dealer contracts are signed... (I hope this is BS)

·
Registered
792 Posts
We should do a time share.... You have it May-Oct, then I'll drive it Nov-Apr!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts