Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Polaris is killing me with these videos! I hate being teased with something that I have been waiting for months and months and months... Ugh!

With the image just above, we can see the body lines in the hood, and boy oh boy, this thing looks aggressive! Some of the initial drawings looked like what a 10 year old boy would have scratched into his book cover while he was sitting, bored, in school. I wondered if those exotic lines would hit the final production model, or be diluted like so many cars and trucks are in their journey from designer's drafting table, to the production line. Polaris delivers with some hood lines that are impressive to say the least.

The front wheel arches look like a set of wings out there that flank you while you "surf that pavement." Those lines plummet towards a center line that carries from front to back that makes it almost look like a jazz riff on a rally stripe. You have angular lines all over the place! Looks like something out of TRON!

If you take a peek into what we can see in the dash, it is preeeeettttyyyy BASIC. The center console is devoid of any sort of electronics, and houses what looks like a map pocket, or a little cubby-like cavity for your gloves. BUUUUT! I will say this... In the other teaser images like the one that we showed you a few weeks ago, there is a little more going on in the red model.

Is it possible that the gray model is a test mule that they used to get these testimonials, or is it possible that they will come to market with a couple of different trim levels!? In their UTV offering, they offer a few different trim levels! The red Slingshot looks like the entire center console is different. Will we have the option for some electronics in the Slingshot?!

Another difference that I spy is that the grey Slingshot does not have the long blade windscreen. It looks almost like there could be two small fly screens. One in front of the passenger and one in front of the driver. Am I seeing things, or is that what that looks like?

Independent front suspension with a FAT sway bar to keep, I am assuming, this thing FLAT as a pancake in the corners.

Belt driven rear wheel drive! Let me say again, BELT. DRIVEN. REAR. WHEEL. DRIVE. And then we saw from the other video that you have traction control, stability control, and most importantly, you can turn those OFF and utilize that rear wheel drive, so you can Slingshot that rear end out!

Those tails tho! Look at those tail lights! Holy Mother! Did I say, looks like something out of TRON already?!? Well, this thing looks like something out of TRON!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
"The front wheel arches look like a set of wings out there that flank you while you "surf that pavement." Those lines plummet towards a center line that carries from front to back that makes it almost look like a jazz riff on a rally stripe."

I love this description!

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
A couple other comments...

1. Looks like a center tail light going up the center "tunnel" as there are stacked "dots".
2. The windscreen in the gray is definitely split
3. Looks like the helmet is Slingshot branded (could be a sticker or something but I doubt it)
4. The rear tire looks like a motorcycle tire. Not feeling that at all.
5. The center cubby in the gray looks like it is replaced with electronics in the red. Looks like two models or, more likely, options to include a larger windscreen.

They will make crazy money on options and accessories if they sell a bunch vehicles.

·
Registered
110 Posts
A couple other comments...

1. Looks like a center tail light going up the center "tunnel" as there are stacked "dots".
2. The windscreen in the gray is definitely split
3. Looks like the helmet is Slingshot branded (could be a sticker or something but I doubt it)
4. The rear tire looks like a motorcycle tire. Not feeling that at all.
5. The center cubby in the gray looks like it is replaced with electronics in the red. Looks like two models or, more likely, options to include a larger windscreen.

They will make crazy money on options and accessories if they sell a bunch vehicles.
I highly doubt it, probably just the angle of perspective in the photo.
They're really gonna need the contact patch of a fat, flat-edged car tire.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Sorry for the ignorance as maybe this was covered in another thread but what is the significance of this:

"Belt driven rear wheel drive! Let me say again, BELT. DRIVEN. REAR. WHEEL. DRIVE."

Is it better or worse than shaft or chain drive? Or was that not the point of emphasis?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I appreciate the stills, but it does not help my patience. Also, we gotta wait till the 21 for another teaser, COME ON!!!!! :mad::(:mad::(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts