Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else wonder, or maybe someone knows, why they decided to brand the Slingshot as a Polaris rather than a Victory? It seems like Victory would have made more sense because it's a "motorcycle".

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does anybody else wonder, or maybe someone knows, why they decided to brand the Slingshot as a Polaris rather than a Victory? It seems like Victory would have made more sense because it's a "motorcycle".
I agree because I just love the Victory brand name. Sounds so much better than just the Polaris company name, but I guess that they wanted more identification with the parent company than just a particular brand.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Expect Polaris to spin it off entirely someday, and it will become the Slingshot brand with different model classifications instead.

Instead of "The Polaris Slingshot" you can likely expect to call it just "The Slingshot".

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Expect Polaris to spin it off entirely someday, and it will become the Slingshot brand with different model classifications instead.

Instead of "The Polaris Slingshot" you can likely expect to call it just "The Slingshot".
That could be. I could see that happening. I just thought it odd that the Slingshot is the only street legal "Polaris" and all of their "motorcycles" are Victorys.

Maybe the 2016 Slingshot will have an LS1 motor or something?? :) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts