Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turbosling, I like your initiative. An LS V8 would be bad ass in an SS. Who cares if you can't get all the power down to the ground! The thing would be menacing and the sound would match the looks of the vehicle.
A fairly stock LS2 wouldn't be hard to put the power down. Better tires and suspension adjustments would do the trick. And even if it didn't like you said the sound would be music to my ears! I do want to enjoy my SS and drive it maybe i'll buy another one next summer for the shop to go crazy on and build a monster.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Yep. I would.

Would probably be easier to shoehorn in an older BMW M5 straight 6 in there.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It all about grip and handling with a light weight Slingshot , a V8 would be no use to much weight and we are having a time using the power we have now . You would need a back tire the size of a top fuel dragster and there goes your handling then .

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
How about a smaller v8 or even a hot 6?
I know its ford and not chevy but im thinking the small 4.6 might fit better.
Chevy makes a good v6 that might work.....

·
Vendor
118 Posts
A fairly stock LS2 wouldn't be hard to put the power down. Better tires and suspension adjustments would do the trick. And even if it didn't like you said the sound would be music to my ears! I do want to enjoy my SS and drive it maybe i'll buy another one next summer for the shop to go crazy on and build a monster.
A fairly stock LS2 wont put you in a reasonable price range. :(

I would suggest finding a truck or SUV block ( LQ4 LQ9) Same power, same motor at a fraction of the cost ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts