Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMS Ceramic coated Twin Shot exhaust with cat converter used about 10,000 miles. Sounds great, adds power, and no exhaust oder. However, my wife thinks it's too loud and does want to ride with me. I replaced it with the OEM muffler and my wife is happy, so I'm happy.
$200 plus UPS shipping.
Call if questions: 619-961-6654

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does it have a cat? and when you say no odor, is it better than the stock muffler? on my 2016 I can def. smell the exhaust fumes while not in motion, also I smell it while driving when I get on the gas.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Does it have a cat? and when you say no odor, is it better than the stock muffler? on my 2016 I can def. smell the exhaust fumes while not in motion, also I smell it while driving when I get on the gas.
With the exhust coming out just in front of the 'firewall' some fums are going to get into the cockpit. There are lots of holes that can be closed up which can help that. Been lots of different discussion here about those problems. do a search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
With the exhust coming out just in front of the 'firewall' some fums are going to get into the cockpit. There are lots of holes that can be closed up which can help that. Been lots of different discussion here about those problems. do a search.
Thanks for the reply EJ, I will do a search now, I would love to plug up the holes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 5” cylinder pictured just beyond the connection to the manifold is a cat converter. This was installed in my 2016 SS. I would smell exhaust when initially started engine, but no odor after it was warmed up. I have now installed the stock muffler and odor the same, no odor after engine warm. I have filled some of the air gaps on the floor with installation material. Before the BMS unit I tried an out the rear exhaust without a cat. Bad exhaust smell was sucked forward into cockpit when driving and I removed the system. So bottom line, the stock muffler is not as loud as BMS and both exhausts have some odor when cold. But no significant exhaust smell from either exhaust when engine hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts