Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not sure why anyone would, unless they still have not received theirs. My understanding is that nothing changed but the price (+1200$).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
unless they SIGNIFICANTLY improved their fit and finish, and fixed all the miscellaneous issues the first year had, it makes zero sense to "upgrade"

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Not sure why anyone would, unless they still have not received theirs. My understanding is that nothing changed but the price (+1200$).
The 2016 model comes with lots of new features!

+ New ECU factory tune! Don't settle for boring, replace some of the old problems with some new ones! The new tune "makes things different," something everyone can appreciate.

+ New glue on the hood pads! Sure, you either bought aftermarket or re-glued yours, but wouldn't you like OEM glue on them puppies???

+ New, lamer rims! Did you think the 2015 rims were lame??? We didn't, but with the 2016 introduction you can have newer, tamer, lamer rims! Even we think they suck!

+ Jackshaft whine! Re-fix this fuh-kup of ours again! Yep, you can pour out our molybdenum half-hass fix and put in $20 of new lube with the pump you already own--you didn't lose it, did you?

+ More Shineese qurowity camera! Better for 2016 you like fine! No work radio? Fix more fast! Come wit lightning rod hole for better erection! No more big dummy!

+ Worse speakers! There were so few complaints about the factory speakers we've made them worse so you have something to b*tch about!

+ New tires! Because the crappy factory alignment on yours chewed through them. (Note: The alignment still sucks, so look forward to upgrading in 2017 too! We might have it worked out on the 2018 model, keep your hopes up.)

+ 3% fewer screws! Maybe you thought you got screwed after buying the 2015 model, not this time! Your mirror may fall off, the clutch may clunk-out, but we're here to stand behind this year's model (mainly because we don't want to be anywhere in front of it).

+ A free plant! We heard that Slingshot owners love plants, to the point of parking in flower gardens and rolling in the daisies! Or rolling over the daisies, or something...anyway, we'll give you a free plant so you don't have to do that sh*t.

Brought to you by Polaris, the best crap Shina has to offer.
(and the red one is faster)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The 2016 model comes with lots of new features!

+ New ECU factory tune! Don't settle for boring, replace some of the old problems with some new ones! The new tune "makes things different," something everyone can appreciate.

+ New glue on the hood pads! Sure, you either bought aftermarket or re-glued yours, but wouldn't you like OEM glue on them puppies???

+ New, lamer rims! Did you think the 2015 rims were lame??? We didn't, but with the 2016 introduction you can have newer, tamer, lamer rims! Even we think they suck!

+ Jackshaft whine! Re-fix this fuh-kup of ours again! Yep, you can pour out our molybdenum half-hass fix and put in $20 of new lube with the pump you already own--you didn't lose it, did you?

+ More Shineese qurowity camera! Better for 2016 you like fine! No work radio? Fix more fast! Come wit lightning rod hole for better erection! No more big dummy!

+ Worse speakers! There were so few complaints about the factory speakers we've made them worse so you have something to b*tch about!

+ New tires! Because the crappy factory alignment on yours chewed through them. (Note: The alignment still sucks, so look forward to upgrading in 2017 too! We might have it worked out on the 2018 model, keep your hopes up.)

+ 3% fewer screws! Maybe you thought you got screwed after buying the 2015 model, not this time! Your mirror may fall off, the clutch may clunk-out, but we're here to stand behind this year's model (mainly because we don't want to be anywhere in front of it).

+ A free plant! We heard that Slingshot owners love plants, to the point of parking in flower gardens and rolling in the daisies! Or rolling over the daisies, or something...anyway, we'll give you a free plant so you don't have to do that sh*t.

Brought to you by Polaris, the best crap Shina has to offer.
(and the red one is faster)

GAWD, don't ya ever get tired of whining and complaining? How about unloading all your grief to somebody who will join the rest of us who happen to appreciate and enjoy our SlingShots and take your bitching elsewhere? :mad:

Please?

Justina

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
They are already delivering 2016 Models? That doesn't seem right....
Yep. They are being delivered. I figured they would wait for the Vegas show but I guess it wont really matter since they are identical except fot the lame wheel change.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yep. They are being delivered. I figured they would wait for the Vegas show but I guess it wont really matter since they are identical except fot the lame wheel change.
Lame wheel change? I have heard about this in a couple different threads, but haven't seen any pics of them.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Upgrading to a 2016 is like putting yesterday's underwear on backwards and pretending they're new.
I gave you a Funny, only because there is not a "funny, but so wrong on so many levels" choice.

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
GAWD, don't ya ever get tired of whining and complaining? How about unloading all your grief to somebody who will join the rest of us who happen to appreciate and enjoy our SlingShots and take your bitching elsewhere? :mad:

Please?

Justina
For others knowledge, that particular post has gone through several revisions of frustration, and things turned out positive as we were able to straighten out the misunderstanding via Private Messages.

I really appreciate the majority of forum members (Justina and Bill included) take the time to respect others, help each other out, and provide insight and solutions. Thank you!

(forum members in general)

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
For others knowledge, that particular post has gone through several revisions of frustration, and things turned out positive as we were able to straighten out the misunderstanding via Private Messages.

I really appreciate the majority of forum members (Justina and Bill included) take the time to respect others, help each other out, and provide insight and solutions. Thank you!

(forum members in general)
I thought the original post was funny and had a lot of truth to it. Hopefully you stuck to your guns because I am not sure what you said wrong.

Unless there was no sarcasm intended in any of the post. But, I highly doubt that....

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
I thought the original post was funny and had a lot of truth to it. Hopefully you stuck to your guns because I am not sure what you said wrong.

Unless there was no sarcasm intended in any of the post. But, I highly doubt that....
(laughing) You're completely right, the whole post is poking fun at the problems many of us have had, especially Polaris giving out a free plant. (Remember the Bluetooth speaker they gave out? Of course you do!) I imagine the post is going to show up in a managerial PowerPoint presentation at corporate if it hasn't already, and get passed around the office a few times with the staff embellishing and laughing their shorts off....I hope they use Minions holding stick pointers to illustrate the text.

To be clear, it is certainly not meant to be directed at Polaris in a negative way, and they did not "make the speakers worse so we have something to b*tch about." It's poking fun at the problems, and a bit at us who've worked at finding fixes. You also won't be getting a plant.

Justina and Bill and I had a very friendly discussion, her comments are more about some people talking of suing Polaris and other extremes than anything I joked about, which as it happened was a straw that tipped the scale for her. I don't blame them for being passionate about the Slingshot, the girlfriend and I love it too.

On that note, the lab testing results should be complete any day now, so I'll have some conclusive updates.

·
Banned
190 Posts
Since I placed my deposit on an SL in early May, and haven't gotten Zip yet, my dealer tells me I'm now getting a 2016.
Damn good thing, because I'd get my deposit back before accepting a year old vehicle at full market retail.

·
Banned
190 Posts
I don't consider it an "Upgrade" at all, just a fair shake, after they've had my cash for 4 months and promised I'd get it June 4th!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts