Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand new, still in box, never installed. I do not need at the moment and is just taking up space. Check out the reviews. This system almost eliminates all passenger side heat. My Wife Loves it. Best mod I did. If I ever get another Slingshot, this will be a mandatory system right away!
This system was a very easy system to install. I did it on jack-stands, in my garage, in two days. Took about 12 hours, by myself and taking my time.

$850 SHIPPED O.B.O

I may be interested in trades...especially if it involves F body fourth generation Camaro or Firebird parts. Engine parts for the LS1 would get my attention but may be open to most anything of value.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not mandatory that you delete the cat, but it is capable of being used with a cat delete pipe. But, just to be safe....I personally would gut a stock O.E.M cat and use it that way. Then you know everything will line up correctly. Even the Polaris stock addition heat shield worked well. I remember having to bend the bottom of the heat shield just a bit to make it perfect, but nothing drastic. Believe me, I would have been extremely unhappy if I had to remove that shield. The whole purpose was to remove heat for my passenger

My original intention was to delete the cat for added heat reduction, but in my opinion and experience it was totally unnecessary, but is still something you can delete if you want.This Thermal R&D exhaust almost eliminated the heat on the passenger side, except for a bit down the transmission tunnel, and that little bit makes absolutely no difference to my Wife or me. And my Wifes comfort is paramount on our 3000 mile plus tours of the country. She is even able to ride barefoot for hours at a time in total comfort, temperature is so cool on the floorboard. Something that was virtually impossible with the stock set up.

It even added a little more growl and kick butt sound with THERMALS muffler and the POLARIS stock cat intact. Absolutely no drone at any speed. It also felt like it moved the power band just a bit higher in the RPM range, because it breaths better. And I think it looks so great with the dual exhaust look. I get almost as many questions on the exhaust as I do the SLINGSHOT! Seems to help gas mileage a mile or two a gallon while doing 70mph to 89mph where legal...LOL!

Here is the review I posted on the exhaust after our first trip....https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7791-thermal-r-d-exhaust-is-great/

I hope this helps you...even if you decide to buy it new or somewhere else. I can't tell you how extremely happy I am with the system. It has made such a difference in the passenger comfort, sound, looks and no fume problems at all.

Sorry for being long winded, I just love this system and want to give you all the information I have, as well as my experience with it. If I can answer anything else, please ask.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It is not mandatory that you delete the cat, but it is capable of being used with a cat delete pipe. But, just to be safe....I personally would gut a stock O.E.M cat and use it that way. Then you know everything will line up correctly. Even the Polaris stock addition heat shield worked well. I remember having to bend the bottom of the heat shield just a bit to make it perfect, but nothing drastic. Believe me, I would have been extremely unhappy if I had to remove that shield. The whole purpose was to remove heat for my passenger

My original intention was to delete the cat for added heat reduction, but in my opinion and experience it was totally unnecessary, but is still something you can delete if you want.This Thermal R&D exhaust almost eliminated the heat on the passenger side, except for a bit down the transmission tunnel, and that little bit makes absolutely no difference to my Wife or me. And my Wifes comfort is paramount on our 3000 mile plus tours of the country. She is even able to ride barefoot for hours at a time in total comfort, temperature is so cool on the floorboard. Something that was virtually impossible with the stock set up.

It even added a little more growl and kick butt sound with THERMALS muffler and the POLARIS stock cat intact. Absolutely no drone at any speed. It also felt like it moved the power band just a bit higher in the RPM range, because it breaths better. And I think it looks so great with the dual exhaust look. I get almost as many questions on the exhaust as I do the SLINGSHOT! Seems to help gas mileage a mile or two a gallon while doing 70mph to 89mph where legal...LOL!

Here is the review I posted on the exhaust after our first trip....https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7791-thermal-r-d-exhaust-is-great/

I hope this helps you...even if you decide to buy it new or somewhere else. I can't tell you how extremely happy I am with the system. It has made such a difference in the passenger comfort, sound, looks and no fume problems at all.

Sorry for being long winded, I just love this system and want to give you all the information I have, as well as my experience with it. If I can answer anything else, please ask.
That's a great price for that system, I love mine. I'm running the 1320 header and cat delete, everything bolts up like the factory stuff. Your Sling will breath a lot better, there are two cats in the system, one in the stock muffler and one in the J pipe. Dump both of those and add the header and you'll feel it in your butt meter. Oh and check out the heat shields Sling Mods has for that system.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts