Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my Slingshot dealer. It sounds like the Polaris reps are hitting the dealerships hard. They are making sure the staff is excited for Slingshot and pushing them to get up their SS displays.

He was told that all the shipping issues/concerns have been resolved and that they will be shipping 8 per truck. Still sounds like almost everyone will get 3 on the initial shipment during middle/late October. :banghead:

I was hoping to be able to give some exciting news and new insight... :pompus: No luck though....

·
Super Moderator
5,848 Posts
I just got off the phone with my Slingshot dealer. It sounds like the Polaris reps are hitting the dealerships hard. They are making sure the staff is excited for Slingshot and pushing them to get up their SS displays.

He was told that all the shipping issues/concerns have been resolved and that they will be shipping 8 per truck. Still sounds like almost everyone will get 3 on the initial shipment during middle/late October. :banghead:

I was hoping to be able to give some exciting news and new insight... :pompus: No luck though....
solid info beats the hell out of "I heards and I saw" info! I refuse to get crazy excited until after the 1st week of October...my heart can't take it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My dealer in Searcy Arkansas said he hasn't even received his display items yet. As far as he knows, the slingshot isn't getting to his place until late October. :(

·
Registered
620 Posts
My dealer in Searcy Arkansas said he hasn't even received his display items yet. As far as he knows, the slingshot isn't getting to his place until late October. :(
Same 4 my dealer in Carbondale Illinois , No display and no word yet beyond Oct . But the guy has big plans for it ,told me every thing that was in the front of his store is gone to make room for the SS =new baby

·
Registered
796 Posts
Today, I received a call from my local dealer (Louisiana Power Sports, Bossier City) to inform me that the LED lighting kit came in and they will have it already installed for me when I go to pick up my Slingshot! They had nothing to offer re delivery date:(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Today, I received a call from my local dealer (Louisiana Power Sports, Bossier City) to inform me that the LED lighting kit came in and they will have it already installed for me when I go to pick up my Slingshot! They had nothing to offer re delivery date:(
Hi Stan. I didn't even know about the light kit when I put my deposit down. May buy one or make my own. They have all different colors and lengths at Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O'Rillys. May try to talk sales lady into throwing it in with the deal. Have to have interior lights of some kind. Let me know if you hear any news on the SS.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hi Stan. I didn't even know about the light kit when I put my deposit down. May buy one or make my own. They have all different colors and lengths at Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O'Rillys. May try to talk sales lady into throwing it in with the deal. Have to have interior lights of some kind. Let me know if you hear any news on the SS.
I was thinking about interior and exterior, something like these http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1806/Lizard-Lights-Super-Lizard-Maximus-Kit I've put them on motorcycles and they are an easy install.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was thinking about interior and exterior, something like these http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1806/Lizard-Lights-Super-Lizard-Maximus-Kit I've put them on motorcycles and they are an easy install.
The lighting kit from Polaris is only $149.99. This lighting kit from Kuryakyn is over $300. And you would have to install it yourself.
I think i would go with Polaris lighting kit.
Unless, of course, you are going to design and install your own kit, but you could do it a heck of a lot cheaper than $300.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The lighting kit from Polaris is only $149.99. This lighting kit from Kuryakyn is over $300. And you would have to install it yourself.
Unless, of course, you are going to design and install your own kit, but you could do it a heck of a lot cheaper than $300.
You're right, that $300 kit is their max kit and you can get less expensive or ala carte pieces also. When I light up a vehicle I want more than a few static lights that can't be seen from the exterior, that's just me. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The $149.99 for the light kit is for the Kit only, it does not include Installation. I ordered one myself and the dealer has no clue what it is going to take to install it. I may install it myself

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The $149.99 for the light kit is for the Kit only, it does not include Installation. I ordered one myself and the dealer has no clue what it is going to take to install it. I may install it myself
Before I was the one and only FloridaJoe I was the one and only JoeFlorida owner of JoeFlorida LED Accent Motorcycle Lights. sloride, I am sure you did not know you were abusing a celebrity but don't worry I do not hold a grudge. Anyway, I sold that business last year but once I get my SL I will take it to the shop of JoeFlorida and design a MultiColor with Remote Control cost effective kit that they can put on the market and sell to all the members on this forum. I will make sure it is designed so anyone can install it and that they priced it as low as possible to the forum members.... I envision a LED Kit that will have about seven different colors that you can select with a remote control. LED lights would go not only in the floors but also under the frame to light up the highway... Beware LED Lights that create a glow in certain colors around the vehicle or in the floor of a vehicle is not legal in most all states. But can be used of course when the vehicle is parked without a problem. I will keep the forum updated...

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Before I was the one and only FloridaJoe I was the one and only JoeFlorida owner of JoeFlorida LED Accent Motorcycle Lights. sloride, I am sure you did not know you were abusing a celebrity but don't worry I do not hold a grudge. Anyway, I sold that business last year but once I get my SL I will take it to the shop of JoeFlorida and design a MultiColor with Remote Control cost effective kit that they can put on the market and sell to all the members on this forum. I will make sure it is designed so anyone can install it and that they priced it as low as possible to the forum members.... I envision a LED Kit that will have about seven different colors that you can select with a remote control. LED lights would go not only in the floors but also under the frame to light up the highway... Beware LED Lights that create a glow in certain colors around the vehicle or in the floor of a vehicle is not legal in most all states. But can be used of course when the vehicle is parked without a problem. I will keep the forum updated...
Outstanding, will the remote control be able to change the lights function i.e. fade, strobe, etc?

·
Registered
497 Posts
FloridaJoe...I would never deliberately abuse a Celebrity (well...except for the Kardashians). I would love to rep your light kit for my customers. Let me know when I can get one.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
FloridaJoe...I would never deliberately abuse a Celebrity (well...except for the Kardashians). I would love to rep your light kit for my customers. Let me know when I can get one.
Sure thing...Once I get it designed I will put you in contact with the present owners...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Lemme tell guys the Joe Florida kits are McAwesome. I'm a member on M109riders.com and he has produced some very nice options for LED lighting on the 109's. Their pricing beats anything out there. And they stand behind them too. Didn't know ya sold out Joe but I'm certainly goin that direction anyway.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Lemme tell guys the Joe Florida kits are McAwesome. I'm a member on M109riders.com and he has produced some very nice options for LED lighting on the 109's. Their pricing beats anything out there. And they stand behind them too. Didn't know ya sold out Joe but I'm certainly goin that direction anyway.
OMG, I have tears in my eyes... Hey, thanks for the kind words... It's always nice to hear a praise report even when I don't own the company anymore... I sold to a real nice guy that still runs it with my old values:"The Customer is FIRST"...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts