Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I read a lot of posts where people think the back is ugly. I'm beginning to see why. The plastic underneath is ...well plastic looking.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I read a lot of posts where people think the back is ugly. I'm beginning to see why. The plastic underneath is ...well plastic looking.
I make a test with a lot of talent!!

I did a test to see if the back panels will be red if it would be nice working with photoshop would be better, but it gives an idea...gives an idea? lol
10580861_10153099478104829_816920814274727210_o (2).jpg
:bag:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IDEA....run a stainless steel plate around the rear sides attached to the plastic will take the weight of attached bags off of the plastic using something like the cross country bags.

·
Registered
843 Posts
When i look to the original picture....I think it will need to find protection in this place because with the rocks on the road it's going to break the plastic easily because there is no anti-rock wing! What you think?
10580861_10153099478104829_816920814274727210_o (2).jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
When i look to the original picture....I think it will need to find protection in this place because with the rocks on the road it's going to break the plastic easily because there is no anti-rock wing! What you think?
View attachment 500
Agreed. I was surprised there was no fender at all. I was more worried about throwing rocks up and hitting cars behind me. I never thought about them banging up the back of the Slingshot.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Agreed. I was surprised there was no fender at all. I was more worried about throwing rocks up and hitting cars behind me. I never thought about them banging up the back of the Slingshot.
No doubt ! This baby's beggin for a rear fender.
Where there's a will there's a way. Hi My name is WILL !

·
Registered
497 Posts
I agree to the rear wheel fender. With the stock rear wheel it would need an 11-1/2 inch to 12 inch wide rear fender. Was looking at Harley rear fenders.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Surlely Polaris engineers reinforced that area. That's where the gas tank is! Right in center between the two helmet storage areas. Puncture that, and your in a big world of hurt.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Surlely Polaris engineers reinforced that area. That's where the gas tank is! Right in center between the two helmet storage areas. Puncture that, and your in a big world of hurt.
I am not worried about hole happen....but just to be scratched and look not clean like i want from my toys!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I am not a fan of rear fenders and have always removed them on my older sportbikes if possible.

I am just going to take that back panel off and wrap it with vinyl. It will add a little design and help protect it. When it gets all scratched up, (if it does at all) I will just take off and re-warp it.

It would be funny to do something creepy in that area like below....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts