Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 2009 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
You know what. I give up. I never pretended to own an SS. I was really close 2 years ago. I wanted to learn everything about one before making the plunge. I ultimately decided it wasn't right for me. Glad I figured it out BEFORE I bought it. Unlike some that sell after 1 riding season.

I joined the forum for the SS and stayed for the technical discussion and SOME of the people. I don't have a lot of friends. I feel like I found some here. BUT...…..

If I am not welcome by 2 users, then there must be plenty more that don't think I belong. If you don't know what I am taking about, check the "What year?" thread. I was CLEARLY joking.

Maybe I am rage quitting. Maybe I'm a snowflake. But I have a lot of serious crap going on in my life right now. I don't need any more stress. One mean comment takes away all the fun. No place for bullies in a friendly community. Whatever.

I need a break. I'll stick with Rennlist where it's all technical and no fun. At least then it's never personal. You guys have fun. See you in a month. Keep the pages coming. I'll be back and never post anywhere but this thread.
I miss this guy!
I wish @Sling ding a ling would come back!!
He was chased out of this Forum by 2 bullies.
Really an Unpleasant Experience for him.
Shame on those people who did that.
I hope he's well.

Oh ya,....... Happy New Year!!!

·
Welcome to the Grey Bar Bed and Breakfast.
689 Posts
My first unpleasant experience for 2020 happened today. I lost my internet connection for about half an hour. It took me that long to figure out a wire had become dislodged from the router, thanks to one or both of the cats running around the house.??

I am sure to have more unpleasant experiences to add to this thread this year.?

·
Welcome to the Grey Bar Bed and Breakfast.
689 Posts
Here is the plan @EjFord . Run out to Starbucks, Mickey D, or see what Tim Horton has if one is near by. Then run out to Wally World or where ever you plan to purchase a new coffee maker. Buy two of them so you will always have a back up coffee maker at the ready. You could also pick up some of those freeze-dried coffee sticks,so all you need to do is boil some water.:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
EJ, you think you have coffee problem?!?!?!?

A few years ago, my wife and I toured the Minute Man missile silo at exit 127 off I90 in South Dakota. Besides the 3 foot thick blast door with a "We deliver in 30 minutes or less" sign along with a Dominoes Pizza logo, the guide pointed out that the coffee maker was WELDED to the metal counter and located between the two "Missleliers". In the event that the End of the World should actually happen, they didn't want a nearby nuclear blast to spill their coffee.
No more fast food or convenience stores, so they had to protect the coffee pot. Hard core caffeine fans.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
EJ, you think you have coffee problem?!?!?!?

A few years ago, my wife and I toured the Minute Man missile silo at exit 127 off I90 in South Dakota. Besides the 3 foot thick blast door with a "We deliver in 30 minutes or less" sign along with a Dominoes Pizza logo, the guide pointed out that the coffee maker was WELDED to the metal counter and located between the two "Missleliers". In the event that the End of the World should actually happen, they didn't want a nearby nuclear blast to spill their coffee.
No more fast food or convenience stores, so they had to protect the coffee pot. Hard core caffeine fans.
Had a friend in College who joined the Navy to see the world...they made a 'radar' tech out of him and he spent his whole tour of duty in SD. Guess he was good at his job.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My son was in the Air Force in the early 80's. He requested Japan, Germany or England. Spent his entire tour in San Antonio, Texas. If he would have put that down as a choice, he would have probably seen all three of the other ones.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Busy week...one of my apartments was vacated on Saturday afternoon...rented it to new people Saturday evening. Been getting it ready for new people --- paint, plumbing repair, cleaning.

Started an big paint job, local restaurant --- not use to working nights --- The nice thing is I'm going to Florida for a couple of weeks (leaving this coming Saturday) --- my Son and staff got lots to do while Georgia and I are on vacation.

Keep thing monster rolling while I'm not on the 'puter' so much.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm so jealous EJ!!
I talk with Phil almost daily, and he's looking forward to a ride and a meal with the 4 of you.
Wish Terry and I could join you!!
Have a great vacation!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Had a friend in College who joined the Navy to see the world...they made a 'radar' tech out of him and he spent his whole tour of duty in SD. Guess he was good at his job.
Back around the late 1980s/early 90s I attended a conference at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base outside Dayton, OH. During a break, I met a young USAF Lt. and we got to talking about different assignments we'd had. She mentioned having been stationed at a missile facility in the Dakotas and told me about her friend who was from Minot and had joined the US Air Force to see the world. She, too, became a missile officer and ended up posted back to Minot for her entire first tour! So much for seeing the world!

1781 - 1800 of 2009 Posts